Oil pressure gauge at 0

OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well been waiting about three weeks now and still no oil pump. National back order.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure if it may help you or not, but I have a used '09 timing cover, loaded with oil pump and valve for sale at the moment. It only has 900 miles on it.

OP
OP
A

alpha85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like Mobil one may have saved the day. The new pump has been installed and there appears to not be any damage. The car drives as before with now new noises and has no loss of power. I got lucky.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did anyone pull the pan and check for damage ?
oil analysis ?
leak down test ?

the word of a grease monkey wouldnt cut it for me.....

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did anyone pull the pan and check for damage ?
oil analysis ?
leak down test ?

the word of a grease monkey wouldnt cut it for me.....

I have to agree. I would have sent a sample of the old oil off for inspection to see what it looked like, just to be sure. I would definitely do that at your next oil change.

If all is well though (hopefully the case)....congrats on dodging a very expensive bullet!

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I can believe that there may be no engine damage, but I would still be skeptical!!! After I modified my SRT-4 to over 400HP, the oil pump rotor exploded on a run, I was almost at redline in 2nd gear running @25 psi of boost at the time, when the oil light came on and the dash said, "****"!!! Needless to say, I got out of it immediately and pulled over, shut off the engine and checked oil level and checked underneath to make sure the oil pan hadn't sprouted any rods. Everything looked ok so I started it back up and idled it back to the pits. When I pulled the rod and main bearings, I found to my delight NO DAMAGE!!!! or wear, no play in the turbo! I installed a race oil system from Darrell Cox racing, ****canned my balance shafts, and buttoned everything back up. Now I will say, that being the cautious technician that I am, I followed up my visual inspection by sending in an oil sample to wearcheck inc. I use this company to do all my oil analysis on vehicles that come into my shop. Their report also showed no damage or foreign material that would indicate any internal damage or above average wear to the engine. MOBIL ONE IS THE ****!!!!!!!! I use Mobil One in all my cars and always will, I'm sold on it. The gist of my rant is to strongly encourage you to send in an oil sample immediately!!! They will check the sample to the micron level and also chemically test it to determine if there is any bearing material in it that shouldn't be there. It's well worth the 35 to 50 bucks just for the peace of mind factor!!!! My 2c. ASE L1 CDMAT