ok I need to know I need help.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about which viper I should get.Now I'm stuck in the middle between 3 choices.I'm not ready to buy a viper but I think it's good that I'll plan everything out now.I know a couple dealers already that are ready and waiting for my order.I've already been in both GTS and RT/10.I got a 90mph ride with Evan Smith in a 96 700 hp fuel injected GTS at the rendevous in englishtown about 2-3 years ago.This was the first viper I liked.I wanted a blue/white GTS but as time went on newer and newer vipers came out.Now it's about the begining of this year and I liked a deep sapphire blue/silver striped ACR.I saw a video of the car and god it sounded so good!So about this time I liked the ACR more than the GTS.Around mid-august I belive,I posted on here saying I got a ride in Steve's steel gray RT/10.Now let's think for a moment.It's a 2 year diffrence between the GTS and the RT/10.When I got a ride in the GTS I felt like I was looking at the glove box.I get in Steve's RT/10 and I can see the everything clear over the hood.Yes I know I've grown dur that makes sense but for some reason I feel that the GTS is lower in seat height and the RT/10 is higher.Now this is were you guys come in.If I get a viper,what's the major diffrence between the RT/10,GTS,and ACR? and! what's the lowest height to see over the dash? I'm 5'7".

Ron

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Best way that I can answer your question is to note that my Wife is 5'5", and she drives 2 GenI's, 2 GTS's plus an ACR VERY WELL!!! I should also note that the READWARD view from her Gen III is a bigger problem.

Reaction score
Ron,
NO offense intended....but I think you should qualify the WHEN. Last I knew, you were one of our youngest enthusiasts, and while there is nothing, I repeat NOTHING wrong with that....I think it is important for those who might be willing to help if they knew when you were planning to purchase.

Month?
6 months?

I know you have been to E-town and met up with Joe Houss and the NJ posse. I am hoping you are to join the ranks of the proud NJ Viper Owners soon!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also suggest using some spaces in your writing technique. It's such a pain to read that I just skipped it.

So I take it this guy wants to buy a Viper? What's the problem?

OP
OP
V

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ron,
NO offense intended....but I think you should qualify the WHEN. Last I knew, you were one of our youngest enthusiasts, and while there is nothing, I repeat NOTHING wrong with that....I think it is important for those who might be willing to help if they knew when you were planning to purchase.

Month?
6 months?

I know you have been to E-town and met up with Joe Houss and the NJ posse. I am hoping you are to join the ranks of the proud NJ viper Owners soon!

No probablem Tony.I figure I'd get my stuff straight. :2tu:

P.S. yeha Chuck my typing *****. :smirk:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No difference in seating position GTS vs RT10, same platform, same seats, dashboard, windshield. It must have been the growing thing. Perhaps plan to buy when the growing stops. There are differences in headroom obviously, you can't take the top off a GTS.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove a 2001 RT/10 today; only the third time I've driven one. (Nearly all my 60,000+ Viper miles have been in a GTS.) I noticed the same thing you did -- I perceived that I could see farther over the hood in the RT/10 than I can in my GTS (also an 01). I also noticed that the top of the windshield was cutting off the top of my view (sky)-- I don't experience that in the GTS. So there must be some slight difference between the two, although they are built on exactly the same chassis. Oh, I'm also 5'7".

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You might want to adjust the seat back....... next time you test drive.
Hard to see over the hood in the "BJ" position!

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
'97 and later RT/10 are same as '96 or later GTS's all the way to the point the body starts to go on. I think it was posted before, but the frame, seats, dash, doors, even windshield are identical. What's different? side glass (curved top edge on GTS, "straight" top edge on RT/10... and.... drum roll please..... the windshield surround (but not by much). This slight difference might explain the "see the sky" comment from one previous poster.

Seats and frames are the same in both, so the only explanation for the 6'3" poster is maybe one of your cars has had the seats lowered with a Northwind seat lowering kit? or maybe just plain old manufacturing variability in the seat mounting holes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4