One Lap recap

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to personally thank all our sponsors Whelen , Woodhouse , Parts Rack , Macs II , Iguana Mia, The Lettering Lounge. Exact Design.
We were up in the High rent district (6th overall) most of the event till the last day when a bracket that holds the Power steering system to the block catastrophically decided to fail. With 3 DNF's the last day we dropped to 15th. The lack of HP was not to friendly to us at this event.
The event was pretty much a rain festival following us around. Numerous events were cancelled or shortened. I was surprised at the amount of spectators at these venues. The skid pad at the Tire rack was packed with onlookers. We were looking at a bunch of Corvettes (10+) driving to spectate the event and missed our turn off. Ended up on Toll road 90 going west. Had to do an illegal U-turn and get back off at the same exit we entered. The look on Grandma's face was priceless when we turned our ticket back into her. After some counseling of us young rebels and some sweet talking by us she let us through with specific directions on how to get to the Tire Rack headquarters.
Road America was fogged in and rainy, they cancelled the 2nd time trial that day and only ran the first event. 4 laps with a complete stop each lap between a set of cones just before the kink section.
We picked up no speeding tickets. We had a V1, Battery operated Passport ( totally useless at picking up anything except false signals) and the CB radio that kept the Police wereabouts up to date.
Pretty much traveled thru Tornado/hail warnings and watches from Tulsa to Memphis. I never seen the sky so dark. The Memphis dragstrip was under water from the previous nights rain so that was cancelled but we did run the road course that day. Used the pit lane that day as part of the road course. The top 3 of 4 cars did not slow down or lift shooting thru a little gap the width of 2-3 cars at 120mph+ exiting pit road.
To perform well in this event you have to know the tracks cold period. You can't dawdle around the first lap of your three timed laps. Keep the car on the track unlike myself at the glen when I lost at least 12 seconds the 2nd session excavating turain, checking my pants, and admiring the tire marks I left on the pavement. The first session I had to straddle lamborghini parts spread across the track (racers luck as Brock put it and there will be no re runs of any trials). While the event looked long on paper the week actually flew by pretty fast in a blur.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32