One nice pic from TO Autoshow.......

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK now this is what drives me nuts! I see a couple of pics at some different angles and the car looks like might have an appealing design to me, the sidecuts look like they might be nice & deep, the fender bulges might be more dramatic, etc. And I start to hope get a little excited about my certificate and then .. I see a pic like this one and it falls a part for me. Pics like this show me a car that's kinda nice, the way I'd feel when I look at the BMW roadster - whether it has 333hp or 500 hp, I feel the same way, to me it's more than just the hp, it's also the body & design - that's why I lusted after the Viper for more than half a decade dreaming of one day owning one & why now everytime I come out to a parking lot walking to my snake I can't believe I own that incredible car. But looking at the pic and knowing it's a viper, well, for me pics like this one show a car with no lines, flat, blah, kinda neat but don't quit your day-job designing, no passion, no desire, none of the feelings I've had for years about the viper since the first time I saw one in a magazine.

This emotional roller-coaster is a wild ride, I feel like I'm dating one of my old girlfriends again (lol). I've got to see this thing in person and end this ride.

Dante'00ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This makes me sad, sometimes I think the more I see it the more I will like it but over the last however many months I still can't warm up to it. From the door handles on up it keeps reminding me of a boxter with those bars behind the seats. The windshield looks too straight up and the headlights and taillights......lol! What a joke. Maybe it will look good in black to hide some of the cheap first impression but I don't like the S2000, Camaro SS copycat look. Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking for a "used" RT-10 'cause that SRT ain't my thing. '03 owners I guess could take refuge in knowing it will probably drive nicer/better than any previous Viper.

Dante

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mark, sorry to hear about your warts. I think if you see a doctor he might be able to give you something for them
smile.gif

I have to agree with littlegaro. I will be putting one in my garage.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark O:

........So don't warts.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't know about the rest of you but I no longer care how the SRT looks. I mean I don't like it but now the GT-40 is going to be built I don't think I will ever buy the newer Viper, so the point is now moot. Even if the GTS comes out I'm not sure I would pick that over the GT-40. I kind of feel relieved that there is again an American supercar that has the outrageous styling the original Vipers had. Now I don't feel compelled to wish and hope the new 2003 Viper looked different, now there's a choice.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After first seeing the car in Texas and then sitting in one in Arizona and getting up close and personal - I like the car a lot and can't wait to receive mine. I would love to see some more aggressive lines on the fenders and rear end though.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on the above responses from BAKNBLAK and Daffy, I would say: So much for the theory that it's only GTS owners who don't like the SRT styling....

(Sorry I haven't been around much lately to help stir up the ***, but things are crazy at work.)

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I had a little more negative input myself this weekend. While at a neighbors house my wife brought me the Sports Illustrated Swim Suit edition that they had on the table as a joke, she & I paged through jokingly and I saw an ad for the new Viper, it's the first one I've seen. It was a very old guy with a knock-out babe on his arm with the viper in the driveway behind them, tag line read "Need we say more?". I noted to my wife it was the first new viper ad I've seen in print & I thought it was kinda nicely done, she actually said, "what? that's not a viper, that (pointing with her finger)?", I confirmed it was the new "hot" viper coming next year, and she went on to express her dislike for the design, quote -"it looks like a regular car", "you're not getting rid of the (our) viper to get that are you?!" I said that it was a beast, with more power, etc., she responded with "can't you make ours faster than?!" She then proceeded to go around to the couples at the party and ask, what do you think looks better, Dave's viper or this car, needless to say no one favored the "other car" (and no one knew what the other car was). It occurred to me that up to that point I had never told her the new viper I was ordering was a body redesign, only that it had a lot more power and she WAS cool with it, up to that point, no matter now. I still have to decide, of course now I have just a little flack to deal with on top of it. Whew.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DAFFY-you called 50HP and 10 FT LBS. a LOT more power? smooth tubes alone will make yours only 40 HP short and equal in TQ. add another minor mod or two on your car and balance out the HP... but then guess what? you already surpassed the SRT-10's TQ!

There really isnt enough of a difference to matter, also, considering the SMALL, CHEAP mods available to the current GTS/RT-10 that can easily balance out the power, that wont work on the SRT-10... it is a very minute difference. stock VS. stock, yes, it has a small advantage... but give each owner a little spending money and see who comes out on top...

Daffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Daniel,

Understand, I was kind of defending my consideration of choosing the car .. to my wife no less, so I (being a guy) exagerated. I definitely agree, this is in fact one of my big stumblings, if you look at my signature, my '00 is within 10hp of the SRT with virtually no effort (and I have a "creampuff"). I was hoping the hp final number would be like 520, which psychologically sounds better to me &lt;grin&gt;. But, 450 .. 490 .. 500 hp, it's all good, the hook-line-and-sinker here (for me) is what that brutish engine is in. To me the viper is the perfect car because of the power & the beauty, and so here I still am, looking at the SRT and saying OK to the power (as if 500hp is merely OK), but the looks, just don't know, but I'm certain I'll resolve it once I see it in person, hopefully in NY next month.

Dave.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
DAFFY- I understand that...I was poking fun at you, but also proving a point to others that may have took what you said literally.

JusSumFastGi- OOOOHHHHH...AAAHHH a whole 100 lbs! lighter rims, no spare/jack, remove some uneccisary things, drop some weight with different seats, parts... any number of easy things will drop 100 lbs... (diet??? that could work too...)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery