One week and its over!

Viper 92

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As one of the newest members to the Viper family, I embarrassed to tell such a sad story...but here we go. After being a Viper fan since the 90' car show at the Javitz center, I finally put enough away to buy my dream car, a very low mileage 92'(3400 miles). After going through hell and back, buying the car in Florida and getting it to NJ in the middle of the winter, the car arrives on Dec 16th in NJ. Christmas eve was to be a nice day here in NJ, so I took the car to one of NJ's best Viper guys to look over the car and get a NJ inspection. Six miles into my 15 mile drive, I hit a patch of black ice at 30MPH, hit a curb, and skated 15 feet to the right, directly into an Acura SUV also doing 30 MPH(probably checking out the Viper), doing damage to most of the passenger side of my car as well as some minor hood damage. Fortunately, no one was hurt. Nice Christmas present!

My problem is that my baby(8 days and 6 miles since my adoption), is flawed and I have no interest in fixing it. My goal is to find another low mileage 92'. So I ask of two things;

1) Anyone out there interested in a formerly flawless 92'(with factory air done in 94) for $21k. My cost on it was over 50k. Pics before and after available and;
2) Anyone out there know of any very low mile, stock 92's?

Sad but true!

If interested call my cell at 908-230-2222 or reply

Stu

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Though I get the urge during the winter months to drive mine, that is exactly the reason why I don't. The salt doesn't help either. Post some pics so we can see the damage, somebody may be interested for that price.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is SOOOO sad. I hate to see a Viper wrecked, but for it to be a 92' just makes it all that much worse. Was it considered totalled? Also, can you post some pics showing the damage? I had thought about getting a 92', and depending on the damage, I may give yours some serious consideration

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Stu,
that *****, sorry to hear about the accident. For the future, if you get a 92, just put it on display. Those 92's are far and few between, only 284 left :( Get a 93-94 for a driver :2tu:

OP
OP
V

Viper 92

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It was not totaled, but it only makes sense to repair if you either do it yourself or have someone that will work it below retail as my first estimate was over 30k.

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not owned mine for very long. This makes me want to leave it in the garage so that nothing happens......

Well maybe not.

Best of luck finding another mint Viper!

Reaction score
Hmmm, sorry to be a downer....but JonB just posted a 94 RT/10 in the Supplier area for a mere $15K more, and it ain't wrecked. I'm not saying $21K is bad......but since that hood looks buggered, that could be a deal-breaker (for SOME).

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damage doesn't look all that bad to me but then again, I don't work for an insurance co. nor do I know squat about damage to a Viper and replacement parts. I can't believe you are giving up this easily. I would fight tooth and nail if it were my car. Plus the fact that it is a 92! If you are that set on getting rid of it, PM me. I will give you 18K for it.

bth1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Aren't those the original tires? If so couldn't that have played a part?

Aren't you not supposed to use these tires after 5-6 seasons regardless of wear because they dry out?

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch! Sorry to hear of the accident. It doesn't look that bad; if you were planning to actually drive the car (as opposed to simply collecting one), you'd probably be better off fixing it. If you do replace and want a driver, a low mileage early car is very likely to have issues (head gaskets, etc.) that a newer car won't...
BTW, I notice that you're in Berkeley Hts? I'm from Berkeley Hts. as well; my folks are just off Park Ave....

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real sorry about your viper....
If it is all bolt on parts that are damaged i would probably get it repaired over time,, It doesnt look to bad seen a lot worse..
Is the front frame ok?
Good luck

OP
OP
V

Viper 92

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It is driveable , but I will flatbed it home. The truck you see next to it is just another vehicle in the shop . I'm told there are some kinks in the frame and not sure of the extent of the damage there.

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are in New Jersey.. and you bought the Viper in Florida... why does it have North Carolina license plates?

What is the title history?

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aren't those the original tires? If so couldn't that have played a part?

Aren't you not supposed to use these tires after 5-6 seasons regardless of wear because they dry out?
Sorry for your mishap, on ther bright side some people have driven it shorter before loosing control. The original tires on those are a kiss of death (great on a dry race track), same with the Gen 2 cars with the MXX's. The latest Michelin Pilot sport version is a good wet tire. Although in your case with black ice no tire will make a difference unless it is studded.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte