Only one Viper in the top ten. :(

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks like GM won the lobbying battle again with SCCA?! Pretty sad to see even Tommy Archer down so far. Hopefully the reliability of the Snake will prevail on that bumpy Florida track. Have fun at the race, and I wish I was down there with you!

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder how the results will be this time next year with the new Viper? Then again, GM will probably lobby to have those Vipers filled with concrete to make it a fair race. :D

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me wish some $$$ sponsors would back the VRL and let's just watch Vipers vs. Vipers. Or they could have a Viper class, Vette class and Porsche class and let them all run at the same time.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder how the results will be this time next year with the new Viper?

no one will be running the new viper in SCCA because it is 'Drive By Wire' no throttle body cable to gas pedal. i believe they needed to make it drive by wire because of the variable valve timing but iono.. we will see how long it takes someone to make a conversion.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tommy was saying they wouldn't be too quick to go with a new motor. They've got specs on this CC set and wouldn't want to start over again.

It was a beautiful day till noon and then a monsoon come through. Serious rain and wind for about 3 hours. I figured they might cancel the rest of the racing for the day. They ran the 2 races scheduled before the Speed GT race with many wreaks. So when they started heading toward pit row, rain tires were a no brainier. Unfortunately the sun started to come out and the track started drying from that point on. By the end of the race the track was pretty much dried. I think most of our guy ran with rain tires:-(

DSC05668.JPG

DSC05669.JPG

DSC05676.JPG

DSC05677.JPG

DSC05678.JPG

This a shot of the empty turn 1 Viper Corral that fell through from lack of participation. Great spot and know one was using it.
I’d like to start earlier next year to get this spot for us and I bet we could even get a few of our drivers to come over and BS with us.
Of course we give them free beer for it. Any business owners out there like to sponsor part of it to get their company name on turn 1????????

DSC05681.JPG

OP
OP
C

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad. Very sad that we don't have that corner. More Vipers consistantly enter this race than any other model. We should have that corner to show our support!!!

10 Vipers entered this race and 8 finished on the lead lap!!!
For comparison the next most entered model was the Vette. 9 Vettes entered and only 3 finished on the lead lap. Four of the top five position Vettes didn't even finish.

Archer and Smith (Woodhouse Viper) lugged their 100lb weight penalty Vipers with 40% restrictors for 8 and 9th place finishes.

Congrats to all the Vipers for a great showing and proving how bullet proof the Viper is over all the competition.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
40% restrictor and 100lbs extra. :rolleyes: Why not just forget qualifying and have the Vipers start out a lap behind and work their way to the front. :p