OOPS I was wrong about age of tires I bought from JonB

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:rolleyes: :confused:

I jumped in on the post about tire buying from JonB, and I thought I was educating people about the age of tires. Well I was wrong. I talked to TireRack today, and they said that the "C1" carcass Michelin Pilot Sport rear tires that I got are superior to the standard OEM rear tires, and that they stopped making them in 2002, and it is hard to find anything close to that date anymore, and the tires I got that were made in June of 1999 are still superior to new OEM tires. So I want to retract the post I made concerning tire buying from JonB. In fact, I always tell people the first place they should look for anything Viper related is "PartsRack" . I was just disapointed about the tires I got, and I did not know all of the facts. Sorry. Here is my post that I posted before.

JonB is JonB and will always be JonB, but here is a fact about ordering Michelin Pilots, you better know before you buy, and not after like me. I ordered a set of Michelin Pilot Sports from JonB, because I saw on this site, that they might be getting scarce. So I snatched up a set. I did not even notice after I had my car lowered and aligned and balanced etc., that there is a date code on every tire. Well it turns out I am stuck with these now, and I am a little disappointed, because I learned after the fact. When I ordered from JonB 2 tires came from Tirerack direct, and 2 came from JonB direct. I forget which ones were which now, but I think the rears came from JonB. Anyway, the fronts had a date code of Feb 04 and the rears had date codes of June of 99!!! So I just put 6 year old/new tires on my car. So be aware, and demand from tirerack or whatever source you order from that you want "New" tires.

So make sure you know all of the facts before you post in error like I did.

--------------------
Dennis Kimball 01 RT/10 Saph Blue W/polished Sean Roe S/C, T&D Roller Rockers & Belanger hdrs, HF cats, Corsa 3 catback, B&M short shift, SOLID BILLET ALUMINUM VALVE COVERS. 303 SS LUG NUTS & CUSTOM CENTER CAPS in Custom milled OEM Gen II Wheels

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just remember, no matter the carcass rating, Michelin only warranties the tires for 6 years from the date of manufacture on the tire. This information came from Michelin when I was stocking up on 5 sets of rears at basement bargain prices a couple years ago.

Steve

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very class act. Thanks for setting the record straight.

I also purchased some parts from Jon. Thought his price was a little steep, until I noticed the parts I thought were a little cheaper were a lesser quality. Jon got me the good stuff.