Opinion needed on 2006 Black Coupe for sale...

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plamer Dodge in GA has a 2006 Black Coupe (second favorite) for sale for $66K. It has 2534 miles and is said to have never been tracked. I am wondering if this a good deal or should I wait a little longer for the '08s to come out and pick up a 2006 from a trade.

I have also been trying to find a 2002 FE GTS with sub-10000 miles. Is this a better choice for a first time Viper owner? My favorite, but anything without the warranty is a bit scary.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thoughts:

1. Coupe price seems reasonable. I'd check it over thoroughly and since your a 1st time'er have a qualified viper tech check it out for you, along with perhaps an owner or two, before ever entertaining purchasing it. (goes without saying not to use the viper tech at THAT dealership).
2. Who knows what the trade in value is on the 06's or when the 08's will be available in mass quanity for a lot of 06's to be traded in. I for one am keeping my 06 until something RADICAL comes out from Dodge, maybe an ACR or the 09/10 if its a complete redesign.
3. I had a 2002 graphite and silver stripe Viper, not FE (but there is no difference, only coloring). If I had to do it again, I would have still bought the 2002 at the end of 2002 even though 2003 would be available shortly. It was a great adventure, lots of fun, and I can say I owned a gen 2, and understand some of the "raw viseralness" that is a viper. That being said, I own a 2006 coupe. In the beginning when I first bought the coupe, I told people (even after purchase), if I could have gotten a BRAND NEW 2002 ACR under warranty just like my 2006, I would have taken the 2002 ACR instead. Thats because after putting 60k miles on my 2002 ACR, I really loved it, and got attached. Then after putting almost 13k miles on my 2006 Coupe, I can say that is no longer the case. The new vipers are just better. Thats it. I can explain why, but I have done that before in another post. Now once again if I had to do it all over again, I would get a 2002 ACR because it was fun, but in 2006 if I could have had an ACR or a srt-10 Coupe, I now know the srt-10 Coupe was the right choice.

Go with the newest Viper you can afford, often times its got fixes and things learned from previous generations already incorporated in it.

Jon

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plamer Dodge in GA has a 2006 Black Coupe (second favorite) for sale for $66K. It has 2534 miles and is said to have never been tracked. I am wondering if this a good deal or should I wait a little longer for the '08s to come out and pick up a 2006 from a trade.

I have also been trying to find a 2002 FE GTS with sub-10000 miles. Is this a better choice for a first time Viper owner? My favorite, but anything without the warranty is a bit scary.

Cheers,
Matt
Give Bernie from BJ Motors a call. I am pretty sure he just picked up a super low mile 02 FE GTS. His cars are always top notch.

V

Venomiss

http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=603158

This is the thread with some information on dealerships-for first timers if you haven't read this yet.
Take your time and get what you want.
We are on our third Viper from Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse -They are awesome!
Check around and have a Viper Tech look at your car first like they mentioned in the previous post.

Flash1034

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion. Light track and autocross weekends do not hurt or abuse these cars. Dont let that dissuade you from getting what you want. These cars are well built for abuse.

Flash

callred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my opinion stay the hell away from Palmer Dodge, I have been to that dealer 3 different times looking at cars and each time I have been disappointed. The car is either not as advertised or they want to play games don’t waist your time.

Just my .02

OP
OP
F

funky977

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I believe I'll stick with the dealers that I see written about on this site. Hopefully a Viper will come my way soon.

Thanks,
Matt

Hamrhead

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my '06 Black Coupe! Just purchased it in Feb. '07 for 70K w/ 29 miles on the odometer. After 1,100 miles, I would love to think it's still worth 66K!

Good Luck with your search!:2tu:

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lot's of good deals out there, if you're buying used go with a great dealer like Woodhouse or deal directly with the individual owner. Lot's of stories out there and as a first time buyer I'd suggest you get in touch with the OK club and ask hands on advise. Both cars are great but I beleive the technology is much better in the new cars (I loved my '99ACR but my '06 is superior in my opinion). From a wow factor the FE would have the majority vote. There's no bad years, only bad cars!

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Cheers,
Matt

Hey Matt, I'm selling my '03 viper. Even if you don't want a convertible, come check it out and I'll let you drive it so you can get a feel for it. I'm in Edmond as well. I didn't even realize you were local until someone made light of it in a later post. Call me at 4052024120 if you want to come check it out--Andy

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang