Opinion on this 02 FE

Tim 02 FE Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Info on FEViper.com shows owner as John Dean MD of Baton Rouge. LA. Further info...Original delivery by Pittsburgh PA dealer to West Virginia. For sale, Mar 2012, 5025 miles in Roswell, GA. Purchased from dealer 4/17/2012 as 2nd owner.
I have seen these clean low mile FE GTS sell for as high as $65,000 at auction. More in the $55K area all with lower miles. These FE GTS Gen 2 cars are very desirable and sell for higher prices.

Last edited:

lyonmt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Price seems appropriate given the mileage if it is a clean title with no major wrecks and presents well.

94ViperWC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was also looking at this car - it looks very clean but the engine bay seems to have some wear. The throttle bodies are very dirty, rust, and the paint on the engine is bubbling up. Almost like the engine bay was exposed to salt/water during its life for some reason. Although the body looks very nice.

Frank Parise

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I was also looking at this car - it looks very clean but the engine bay seems to have some wear. The throttle bodies are very dirty, rust, and the paint on the engine is bubbling up. Almost like the engine bay was exposed to salt/water during its life for some reason. Although the body looks very nice.
Agreed. The engine bay condition is totally inconsistent with rest of car.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like everyone said the body looks great but the engine looks real bad in my opinion, I think all that paint bubbling is from excessive heat, I would make sure you have the drive train checked out thoroughly, that's one of the worst engine bays from a Viper that I ever saw, but who knows may be the previous owner did not take care of the engine bay properly and hit it often with a power washer, or never even popped the hood at all to take care of it.