Opinions: Are windshield decals rice?

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything that YOU do is RICE! :D

Are you going to add a Viper decal? I actually like the way it looks. Will you be able to see out the the car still?

2001 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't really care for them, but it comes down to what YOU want. But I don't think most people need to read a banner to know what it is.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then I am a teriyaki queen...

Funny though that you should mention this, as last night I just picked up a replacement I had made. The one on the car, purchased from a Viper store for $35.00, is not the correct font. I had a local sign shop make me one using the correct logo, for $20.00. Available from brandsoftheworld.com, for the logo file.

Besides the fact I just plain like the way it looks, it helps the local redneck idiots tell what kind of car it is in a instant. Less distraction, less crashing, less suing me because I caused the distraction by driving a flashy car with no banner so that the stupid rednecks could easily identify my car without causing a wreck...

You must be registered for see images

Reaction score
Well since "race cars" have them and they look cool I think its OK but I love stickers to change up the look from time to time. I do not OWN a Viper but do work around them :)

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but this thread was intended for people who actually HAVE a Viper.

Oh....that was a low blow..;)

Don't worry about it Jon, I DO have a Viper its being made all perty again and I can beat your **** on the road when I get her back.

I can't wait for you to get Neon running lights too :lmao:

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't be too hard, I'll be dead of old age by then.....:drive:

That is true, you are A LOT older than I am. I hang with you because I was always taught to respect my elders. I'll let you ride in mine when you are too old to drive yours. Say two or three weeks? :rolaugh:

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont care for them. i think the less "viper" words and "logos" the better. i am trying to find some nice engine dress-up pieces right now, but everything i see has a logo on it, and i think overlogoing a car can make the car look too busy and looks like crap.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont care for them. i think the less "viper" words and "logos" the better. i am trying to find some nice engine dress-up pieces right now, but everything i see has a logo on it, and i think overlogoing a car can make the car look too busy and looks like crap.

Just goes to show you how ridiculous this all is. I really like the windshield banner, and do not find the fact that many think it's a "race car" item that shouldn't be on your car if your car isn't on a track, to be a barrier to having a banner on my car.

But non-functional engine dress up parts? I'm not kidding, I think those look stupid. Really stupid. And I also think Big I is an alright guy, so this just shows you how personal cosmetic mods are, and how worthless it is to ask the opinions of others.

I mean, where do you draw the line here? If having a sticker on a non-track car is ricey, then isn't not tracking your Viper at all ricey too? It is a street legal race car right? If so, you're already out of line by not tracking it, so why not call posers and garage queens rice heads too!

The only real way to make a Viper ricey is to paint it metallic purple with splash graphics, cheap plastic ground effects, and some neon lights underneath. And don't forget to change the Viper badge to HONDA!!!

A Viper wing on a Viper results in a Viper.

A Viper decal on a Viper results in a Viper.

A Viper splitter on a Viper results in a Viper.

None of those result in a freaking HONDA!!!

Here's some rice 2x just to piss off the other side.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the look, and agree with Dave. I would draw the line at some big ass wing and splitter on a Starbucks cruiser however.
Not that it makes it ricey, maybe just silly.

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the damn decal, it looks good and your the only one who has to like it!

Plus we get to call you Rice from now on! :)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey dave, i hope you arent thinking i am implying that your cars looks like crap. i think what you have done is tasteful, but just not for me. i am referring to a car that has many, many more logos all over it than you have. i am sure you have seen them. do i really want to buy dress-up engine parts? not particularly. but for instance, after 11 years of abuse, most of the lettering on my valve cover oil fill cover is missing and i think it needs replaced. so then the question is - do i buy stock, or if i am going to spend the money anyway, do i replace it with something that might look nicer? i am going for nicer. but try to find something that doesnt have another logo on it, or isnt too flashy, or isnt too ricey. that is the problem.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
did someone say ricey :)

window.jpg

window2.jpg

window1.jpg

here's one i made and ran for a month earlier in the year (for a few club events)

Last edited:

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way I look at it is if YOU bought the car then YOU can do whatever YOU like. Whenever someone else starts paying for my cars, then I will do what someone else likes. If I like what I see in the garage then it makes me skippy. Case in point:

1. I like gills on black Vipers. Just black and mine is black so therefore it has gills. I also have a stock set of hinge covers for when I want to change back.

2. I like the GTR wing on black Vipers. No other color so one day I might put a wing on it. When I get sick of it I will take it off.

3. My GTS has SIDE exhaust. OH NO, he modified his car! Once again, I think that skipping the Gen IIs with the side exhaust was insane so I am just putting it back the way it should be.:)

4. I don't care for the decal on the windshield so I won't be putting one on my car. Since I am not paying for Dave's car, I think it will be fine on his.

5. Having a "code" of what is acceptable on these cars is ridiculous. To each his own.

Ron

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine was custom made to match my graphite stripes. It really just blends in to the windshield and you have to be up on the car to see it. Pretty stealthy looking. I like mine. Can you see it in my Avatar

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personaly like the viper logo banner, but think the DODGE banner looks silly, like all those "branded" people who put there DODGE / FORD / CHEVROLET banners on the rear of their trucks, and ive even seen a few prowd TOYOTA owners with banners on the back.

This also brings to mind the people who buy a car from a dealership and leave the front dealership advertising plate on the front , or rear-plate frame...

Im always like, "You Do know you can remove the sucker advertisements from your car"??

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
speaking of decals, what do yall think about a giant sneaky pete logo on the hatch glass of a GTS?? ive never seen it but can imagine a few have done it.

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
speaking of decals, what do yall think about a giant sneaky pete logo on the hatch glass of a GTS?? ive never seen it but can imagine a few have done it.

I would say that it would be time to put down the crack pipe, and hope for some sort of intervention.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I personaly like the viper logo banner, but think the DODGE banner looks silly, like all those "branded" people who put there DODGE / FORD / CHEVROLET banners on the rear of their trucks, and ive even seen a few prowd TOYOTA owners with banners on the back.

This also brings to mind the people who buy a car from a dealership and leave the front dealership advertising plate on the front , or rear-plate frame...

Im always like, "You Do know you can remove the sucker advertisements from your car"??

I don't think the Dodge looks bad.

100_0184.jpg

100_0169.jpg

Angela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, you made some very good points.
We have a logo decal on our windshield that says Dodge Viper (with sneeky pete on each side) and roanoke on the bottom. I relly like the way it looks and adds to the car. The grey matches the strips on our viper. Plus, John from Roanoke applied it on himself. He is so cool!

Angela

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96