Opinions wanted -- RT/10 vs. GTS -->>Thanks

pjb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now that I have sold my Vette, im starting the process of finding a Viper by fall of this year. I am thinking of a 94-95 RT/10, but everytime I see a 96 GTS, Im pretty much torn. Id love to have the open-air feeling of the RT/10, but the sporty/racer look of the GTS is also appealing. Anyone out there have any comments (pros/cons) in terms of either the RT/10 vs. a GTS. I’d love to hear from Viper owners who might have gone through a similar predicament.

Im sure either would be fantastic, but my concern is not necessarily how much I can mod the Viper (im sure its plenty fast!), but that it is reliable and such. Basically, im looking for the car that will be best as a weekend cruiser/brawler. I know about getting a warranty, but how did you all decide RT/10 vs GTS. Any problems with the 94-95’s I should be weary of? The anticipation of just the pursuit of a Viper is exhilarating enough, I can just imagine when I get one!! Thanks for any comments.

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bet is you'll get 50% loving each. It's cold and snowy in Pittsburgh tonite, so a Durango is probably better than either at this moment. Anyway, to give you an opinion. I had a 95 R/T, now a 99 GTS. The 95 is a great car, but the Gen II series, regardles if an R/T or GTS is a more refined car, the newer the more refined. A bit easier to drive, not quite as greasey and noticeably quicker. You live in Va., so you probably see lots of warm weather and sun. Point for the R/T....nothing beats the convertible in the beautiful weather. Foul weather, trying to put the top on when it looks like rain, anything close to that, the GTS is better....point for the GTS. Plastic side curtains, no roll up windows, both on a 95. Not as nice as a newer R/T. Summed up, there's really no wrong decision. Both cars are beautiful, very quick, lots of looks and whistles...enjoy it!

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a monthly question. Check archives if you don't get many responses.

I own both. The RT/10 is my primary street Viper and for that it gets the clear nod. Either way you will not regret it at all. Just get one...or two if possible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302