Opti coat just applied

Elohim1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had Opti coat applied professionally to the 08 viper.

Man does it make it shine.

They are now giving a lifetime warranty.

Anyone else used this on their car ?

OP
OP
E

Elohim1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds cool, tell me about it.

the pamphlet says it is a hard wearing ceramic clear coating that provides superior scratch-resistant in permanent protection for all factory paint and exterior surfaces. it is not a paint protection wax or sea lent that will wash away with time.

Would be best to Google opti-coat for best info.

They clayed my car before applying. Cost me $200 , most charge about $300 around here.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds cool, tell me about it.

Basically, it's like a second layer of clear coat, just not as hard. It will eventually wear off, but not wash off like a wax or sealant does as the OP stated. Problem is, you want your paint to be absolutely perfect BEFORE applying it, or you will seal in every scratch, swirl and any other imperfection in your paint. Not something a novice would want to try and apply. You could really screw up your paint job. The scratch resistant claim is about as good as your clear coat. Clear coats are scratch resistant too and some claim to be self healing but all you have to do is look at 99% of the cars going down the road and you can easily see that the term "scratch resistant" needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Bullet proof vest are bullet proof "to a degree."

New Image

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Opti-Coat Pro is a phenomenol product that provides the best protection (other than clearfilm) for your car. Junkman is absolutely correct when he emphasizes how important it is to PROPERLY prep the surface before applying the product. The paint has to be perfectly prepped and stripped of ANY glaze, wax, sealant or polishing oils before this product can be applied.

Some consumers have a bad taste in their mouths because they bought the consumer version (Opti-Coat 2.0) and applied it to their paint without going through all the necessary steps, this is product that is better left to the professionals to handle. Opti-Coat Pro is only available to accredited detaillers that meet all the qualifications from the manufacturer (i.e. insured) because the product is a little more difficult to apply since it cures quicker/harder/thicker than Opti-Coat 2.0.

I've applied Opti-Coat to my vehicle and many of my clients, it's ability to repel dirt and keep the car cleaner longer is fantastic.

-Kody-

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some consumers have a bad taste in their mouths because they bought the consumer version (Opti-Coat 2.0) and applied it to their paint without going through all the necessary steps, this is product that is better left to the professionals to handle. Opti-Coat Pro is only available to accredited detaillers that meet all the qualifications from the manufacturer (i.e. insured) because the product is a little more difficult to apply since it cures quicker/harder/thicker than Opti-Coat 2.0.

-Kody-

So important that it needs to be posted twice and in bold.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-Kody-

So important that it needs to be posted twice and in bold.

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are lots of these coatings out there now... all similar.

I used 22PLE on my Viper after about 20 hours of prepwork :)

I used Opti-Coat on my Range Rover. As far as which is better, I think it's a moot point. Hard to say because the longevity of the product depends on how you take care of your car.

I will say, the water still beads up on my car like the day I applied it though and it's been about 6 months.

mblgjr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had opticoat 2.0 on my truck for 3 years. It's the consumer 2.0 spec. It still performs and looks great. Easily the best coating I've ever seen.

The paint MUST be perfectly polished prior to application as mentioned.