Our First Week with our First Viper

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can you direct me to the source for skid pads? Thanks
I was searching all around today and found one place that carries them. I am not sure if John B at Partsrack can get them or not, but he did not have them on his site. Where I did find them was Valance Guard (SRT) :: Chin Guards :: Body Protection & Performance :: Snake-Oyl Products :: Dodge Viper Products, Parts, Accessories

hopefully your three existing radiator housing bolts are the same as the 2003-2006 model. Not sure though. This was the only site I could find them on. Maybe others carry them as well.

V

Venomiss

Are you thinking stripes shaped like this? Metallic black is what you mentioned They would look very nice on your car. I would think the snakeskin would look nice on your car too. Believe you can get this in vinyl. 1MEANSNAKE does vinyl in your area maybe?
Others will chime in.
These are Radical's pictures of Maurices car done at Prefix.
Talk with Mark Jorgensen about your other questions of warranty, quaife, etc.

ssg-hoodsnakestripe.JPG

ssg-hoodsnakestripe2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats on your new car Vincy! That is a beautiful car you have. I love that wine red color, its truly beautiful! I'd love to see it after a few months of waxing.

As far as your initial impressions of the VIPER I know exactly what you mean. I got my SRT-10 last August, and I actually moved over from Luxobarges to the exotic world. (My previous car was a BMW 7series)

The thing about the Viper that seperates it from almost any other car is that its crude! From the clunk of the shifter to the interior heat, to the odd seating position. Its a engine, and seriously zoomy body, everything else is pretty much a after thought.

You have to take time to fairly asses the strengths / weaknesses of the vehicle and then formulate your plan.

I can honestly say that without the seat lowering and shortshifter kit, I wouldn't have kept this car. That's a small example of the things that you need to tweak / address to make the car more user friendly.

The traction thing wasn't much of a biggie for me, as I'd researched the car extensively prior to purchasing.

The thing that snuck up me was the damn shifter and the way the motor / tranny moves. Thus its easy to mis-shift if you do no pay attention! This forum, and the B&M helped immensely in that area.

I think a lot of people have "wedding night jitters" the first night with the VIPER, but trust me just take the car out a few more times and ensure you use smooth, controlled inputs with the throttle / shifter / and steering.

You will be fine!

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was searching all around today and found one place that carries them. I am not sure if John B at Partsrack can get them or not, but he did not have them on his site. Where I did find them was Valance Guard (SRT) :: Chin Guards :: Body Protection & Performance :: Snake-Oyl Products :: Dodge Viper Products, Parts, Accessories

hopefully your three existing radiator housing bolts are the same as the 2003-2006 model. Not sure though. This was the only site I could find them on. Maybe others carry them as well.

Thanks. I sent them an e mail to see if they fit on the 2008.

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on your new car Vincy! That is a beautiful car you have. I love that wine red color, its truly beautiful! I'd love to see it after a few months of waxing.

As far as your initial impressions of the VIPER I know exactly what you mean. I got my SRT-10 last August, and I actually moved over from Luxobarges to the exotic world. (My previous car was a BMW 7series)

The thing about the Viper that seperates it from almost any other car is that its crude! From the clunk of the shifter to the interior heat, to the odd seating position. Its a engine, and seriously zoomy body, everything else is pretty much a after thought.

You have to take time to fairly asses the strengths / weaknesses of the vehicle and then formulate your plan.

I can honestly say that without the seat lowering and shortshifter kit, I wouldn't have kept this car. That's a small example of the things that you need to tweak / address to make the car more user friendly.

The traction thing wasn't much of a biggie for me, as I'd researched the car extensively prior to purchasing.

The thing that snuck up me was the damn shifter and the way the motor / tranny moves. Thus its easy to mis-shift if you do no pay attention! This forum, and the B&M helped immensely in that area.

I think a lot of people have "wedding night jitters" the first night with the VIPER, but trust me just take the car out a few more times and ensure you use smooth, controlled inputs with the throttle / shifter / and steering.

You will be fine!

Thanks. I guess you mean the clunk is normal. I didn't know there was a shifter kit. I think the shifter is a little sloppy. Which shifter kit is the most popular/best? Thanks

About wedding night jitters, it was the cold tire/road thing that really fooled me.

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you thinking stripes shaped like this? Metallic black is what you mentioned They would look very nice on your car. I would think the snakeskin would look nice on your car too. Believe you can get this in vinyl. 1MEANSNAKE does vinyl in your area maybe?
Others will chime in.
These are Radical's pictures of Maurices car done at Prefix.

ssg-hoodsnakestripe.JPG

ssg-hoodsnakestripe2.JPG

That hood is spectacular. Is it painted or vinyl? The design is good, open in the middle. I was worried it was too wide to carry to the back of the car. Is this one only on the hood or carried back? Thanks

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally the car looks great as is, not into stripes (for me at least) the car already attracts A LOT of attention and who needs more of that, also too boy racer-ish for my taste.

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No aftermarket parts void the warranty unless the dealer can PROVE that it did the damage. Will 10% more power make something break? Eat up rear ends? Tranny? I always thought that if Woodhouse put it on the car, they backed it? Is that not what you were told?

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No aftermarket parts void the warranty unless the dealer can PROVE that it did the damage. Will 10% more power make something break? Eat up rear ends? Tranny? I always thought that if Woodhouse put it on the car, they backed it? Is that not what you were told?

I know that the law says the mod has to be the reason for a failure. In practice the dealer can say what they want and its too much of a hassle to fight with them. I'm too far away from Woodhouse to use them for repairs. I'm thinking about headers but don't want to have check engine lights and the dealer would probably say its due to the headers, and would probably be correct.

DII

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks. I guess you mean the clunk is normal. I didn't know there was a shifter kit. I think the shifter is a little sloppy. Which shifter kit is the most popular/best? Thanks

About wedding night jitters, it was the cold tire/road thing that really fooled me.

I have the B&M short shifter, pretty popular around these parts!

OP
OP
V

vincy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I sent a PM with questions.

Last edited:

PET SNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Vincy, I too have a few high bred's in my garage, but this 08 is a real MONSTER.....I think or thought, well Im a very good driver......

HARD FOR THE EGO ....BUT I think computer's were saving my a$$ for a long time....traction control, all wheel drive, and all the fancy other thing's weve become use to on high end car's...

I too had a little mis hap a few week's ago !!!

OH WELL !!! LOOK'S LIKE IT'S TIME FOR ME TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE AGAIN.... This car really require's ALOT OF THOUGHT PROCESSING...IF GETTING ON IT !!

So have alot of fun and be safe....... PETSNAKE