Painted dash? Pics?

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found these on the one of the other sites. I hope to do my car in Alcantara one day.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gen 1:

You must be registered for see images attach

It was time ... so I reached to the bottom of my pocket and pulled out a $20. Just my luck! That's all it costs to get rid of that horrible "sticky" grey paint on a gen 1!!!

(The weird orange is a flash over-exposure.... It's red like most '94 Vipers)

Last edited:

JHill9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gen 1:

It was time ... so I reached to the bottom of my pocket and pulled out a $20. Just my luck! That's all it costs to get rid of that horrible "sticky" grey paint on a gen 1!!!

(The weird orange is a flash over-exposure.... It's red like most '94 Vipers)

What did you use? I will probably start this project during the summer.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you use? I will probably start this project during the summer.

There are a bunch of posts on this topic.... search...

I used oven cleaner to remove the old paint.. (Don't use gasket remover..).. Clean it off really good... steel wool helps. Use finer and finer as you get ready for paint. Then some Flat black spraypaint from Home Depot, Walmart etc... (for plastic..)Take your time and it's a piece-of-cake!

Easy weekend project.

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The glossy dash doesn't look that bad...

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gloss does add some flash I'd say, but I went with flat because I drive my car alot and figured gloss would show more rubs, scratches etc....

To each their own. Either way, it's a pretty easy job to change the color/paint/sheen..

OP
OP

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gloss does add some flash I'd say, but I went with flat because I drive my car alot and figured gloss would show more rubs, scratches etc....

To each their own. Either way, it's a pretty easy job to change the color/paint/sheen..

From what I've heard the flat is a lot easier to scratch...

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Did anyone use a flat clear coat or some type of paint protective "film"?The dash scratches very easily and I'd hate to do this again. I plan to repaint mine the same grey since I want to keep it stock.

The dash does look better in black and the black plastic looks less cheap than in grey.

James

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What color black did you use, satin or flat? Did you paint the bezels, around your instruments, a gloss black? Or keep it the same as the rest?

I have a '95, w/ the grey interior. I have cleaned all the rubber grey coating off my dash, and I'm taking it out today to get painted. Black Satin, and I'm wondering if I should paint around the bezels or not. If I do, it would be gloss.

Btw, your interior looks really good, looks like a professional shot!

steve
My interior is red/black so white or red won't look right. I've to stick to all black. I m doing every plastic piece inside, not just the dash. Here's a pic of my interior for reference...