Parking Brake Bracket

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, you'll need a different bracket to mount the caliper. The SRT brakes and the gen I/II front calipers need different brackets and rotors.
If I was going to do it again, I would have applied that $250 toward that billet ebrake that Dave has.

OP
OP
P

Parisianviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roe's bracket I believe is for using OEM 13" REAR rotors only:dunno:
My brake kit is based on OEM 13" FRONT rotors for non ABS, and 14" SRT-10 Front rotors for ABS Vipers:omg:

Big Brake Dave :drive:

Hi Dave, Can't you keep the front OEM 13'' rotors on the rear on ABS cars?

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, my kits use front OEM rotors on the rear:omg: Non ABS Vipers use 13" OEM fronts, & ABS Vipers use 14" OEM fronts(exception is OEM 18" wheels with ABS)

Big Brake Dave :drive:

opnwide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy crap! Was I suppose to use the rear rotors with Roe's bracket? I'm surprised that everything still worked? I'm not sure how the little .8 in thick rotor would work with the brembo 4 piston calipers, so I just used the front rotors which seemed like a better match:)
The reason I like like Daves ebrake is mostly weight. The front caliper on the rear does add a bit of mass, and it seems like adding the rear caliper back on is really adding to unsprung weight. I take off my rear caliper whenever I go tracking, but you gotta have your ebrake for our safety inspection in Texas. You'll need to sand the thickness of your stock rear pads to use with the thicker rotor, but this isn't an issue as you only use them as an ebrake!
PS for my yellow, non-tracked car, I plan on getting the 40mm rears (alot easier).

OP
OP
P

Parisianviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Holy crap! Was I suppose to use the rear rotors with Roe's bracket? I'm surprised that everything still worked? I'm not sure how the little .8 in thick rotor would work with the brembo 4 piston calipers, so I just used the front rotors which seemed like a better match:)
The reason I like like Daves ebrake is mostly weight. The front caliper on the rear does add a bit of mass, and it seems like adding the rear caliper back on is really adding to unsprung weight. I take off my rear caliper whenever I go tracking, but you gotta have your ebrake for our safety inspection in Texas. You'll need to sand the thickness of your stock rear pads to use with the thicker rotor, but this isn't an issue as you only use them as an ebrake!
PS for my yellow, non-tracked car, I plan on getting the 40mm rears (alot easier).

That makes sense!
So you're using the Gen2 front rotors or the Gen3 on the rear?