Part 1 Who lets their wife/Gf drive their Viper?

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Part 1 Who lets there wife/Gf drive their Viper?

No.

She cannot reach "pedals".
And I am not telling her about the modified seat frames....

(Besides she is fully capable of hitting stationary objects, like garbage cans, steel poles, my -64 Galaxie and garage walls... Do I need to add more?)

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I let mine when I'm around... in fact, she drove it for the 1st time at the ZONE thing last year... but when she asks about taking it out w/o me, I always tell her "the clutch isn't working" or "the brakes aren't working right" or "the XYZ isn't quite right"... and since it is pretty fast, she doesn't drive it much w/o me.

But with me, she isn't too bad.

JD

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have offered, but my GF can't drive a manual trans. She has been around performance cars most of her adult life, be even so, I wouldn't trust her ability to correctly judge the very limited ground clearance. The ability to judge that brutal torque may also be at question.

I can agree with RedEnuf in observing that most women run into things a little to often. (Although mine is very careful and has no record of stupid hits)

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I let the wifey drive it. She thinks its cool!
When wifey is on board with a hobbie, cashflow for
mods. is readily available. :2tu:

Jcoopacr2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife drives my ACR, but only when i"m riding shotgun.She loves it and does a very good job shifting gears. She is a speed freakand keeps a good eye on the valentine one.

iispms

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Our Viper is actually my wifes. Until we moved to Houston, she drove it to work everyday. She even has been known to show the little mustnag boys a few things.

1BADBITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope I'm not alone here, but Yes, my wife does take the wheel and does a fine
job. She even ran the 1/4 mile as well! Actually it is a nice break to let someone else drive and I can watch expressions and cheers etc.
Followed her in the Jag as she drove the Viper ahead of me into a car show - lot's of reactions !
Asking for upgrades is a whole lot easier!

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most of the fights my wife and I have are about who gets to take the Viper to work on nice days. :eek:

Everyone always says, "you let her drive it?" to which I reply if they pay for half of it like she does, they can drive it too.

GTSJERRY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wife doesnt drive a stick, doesnt care to either, so why pressure someone into doing something they dont want to! I do let her ride though.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I offered to let my wife drive, but she refused....she said that if she did, from that day forward, everything that would ever go wrong with it would be her fault

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odd thing; my wife had no trouble driving my C5 all over the place. She just got in, cranked it up, put it in first gear and went.
She reacts to my GTS like it was a loaded gun. Can't even get her behind the wheel, let alone even start it up.
She says, "That thing is scary."
I don't get it. What's with that? Are the two cars that different?
By the way, she is 5'11" tall and not easily intimidated.

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I encourage my wife to drive it too. It turns me on to see a woman behind the wheel of a Viper; especially my wife! You gotta love a woman that can handle that powerful stick :shocked: I must admit, she is a little intimidated by the supercharger. I wanted her to get her own, but she went with the Benz instead.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Odd thing; my wife had no trouble driving my C5 all over the place. She just got in, cranked it up, put it in first gear and went.
She reacts to my GTS like it was a loaded gun. Can't even get her behind the wheel, let alone even start it up.
She says, "That thing is scary."
I don't get it. What's with that? Are the two cars that different?
By the way, she is 5'11" tall and not easily intimidated.

Too Funny! The guy I bought my car from had a total of seven vettes before the Viper. His wife drove all the vettes but was afraid to drive the Viper. My wife has been talking about driving it long before I purchased it. Not only is she not easily intimidated, I'd say that she is intimidating to many men. Anyway, two laps, slowly, around our block and she was done. I tried to get her to take it out on the road, wouldn't do it. She said she'd had enough for the day, maybe later. We changed positions and went for our Sunday drive. I was shocked.

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would love it if my wife could drive my car. I think that would be incredibly ****, but she doesn't know how to drive a stick...

She won't learn either, she is one of those big time girly girls. She can't figure out why anyone would want to shift a transmission all the time.

tmcalist

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Offered to let my GF drive it at the VOI 7 for part of the scenic tour but she was too nervous. Would let her drive as long as I'm there.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is hilarious.

My wife frequently lets me drive HER SRT/10. She puts more miles on it than do I by a large margin, however.

She's not particularly interested in driving my yellow RT/10, although she could certainly do it.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my wife behind the wheel for the first time ever, last week.

Nothing more **** than seeing my hottie driving such a killer car! Damn, things got hot quick!

I want to see that more often, but she said she was a little intimidated. Although, she did say she hopes to be able to drive it to Tennis someday.

But your title says Part 1, what is Part 2 going to be about?

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I also encourage my wife to drive our black beast. She is an excellent driver and I am working way into convince her that we must add the coupe to the stable once it comes out.

ceieio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife was the first of us to break the triple digits... besides it is her car too, so I'd play h*ll trying to keep her out of it, wouldn't I?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My girlfriend does not really like the car as much as the CORVETTE. She grew up with Vettes so she likes the Viper but not as much as the Vette.

Well back to the topic. She does not drive stick so has not driven the car. She wants me to teach her but that will be on the other car first. Maybe one day she will drive it but as of now she says she does not want to.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part 2 answers.

My 97 GTS is bone stock.

My 99 RT-10 has tubes, K&N's, corsa 3" cat back's. Want to add a head and cam package soon!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960