Parting with Hennessey Venom 500 parts...should I sell together or as a package?

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know if should put this here, but since I am not selling these items yet, I didnt want to put them in the classifieds. It will be months before I will sell. Mods, take care of this if you need.

Anyway, if all goes to plan, I am sending my car to Dan Lesser in the late Winter to have some work done and I will no longer need a few upgrades and some other parts. Basically I am seeing if there would be any point to try to sell the components that make up the Venom 500 package as a package or should I sell them separately? The package includes Hennessey headers (1 3/4"), Hennessey Exhaust (3"), Smooth Tubes (3"), K&N Filters, Valve Covers engraved with "Venom Power", Hennessey Venom 500 floor mats, and possibly 1.7" roller rockers (I havent pulled the valve covers off to confirm). Also, I will be parting with the air box, intake manifold, and heads.

So, what do you guy think? Sell it has a Venom 500 package or just part it out?

Again, if this is not appropriate then remove it please. I am just seeking some info.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just the because its hennessey that alone might make it hard to sell…his reputation sucked in the past not sure whats going on today and i do not really care to tell you the truth. but back to the subject i think i would part it out. that would make more sense

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know his rep sucked. Some people still may like to have a Venom though. But, thats why I am asking I guess.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The headers are actually quite good and have a unique sound. The rest is easily replicated and/or cosmetic. List them as a set and see if someone out there wants a retro H-kit. If people make offers on parts, consider that as well if you have no takers on the kit. The only issue with the headers is the slip fit at the collector....they can come loose and are a b*tch to get sealed properly......though if the slip fit is still true, they perform well and sound great.

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ViperJohn- I will likely do that. Heck, if someone buys the full exhaust I may just throw in the engraved valve covers and floor mats for a few extra to get them off my hands.

OP
OP
H

heath1225

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have driven my car very hard this summer for about 4k miles and its running as good as ever. So hopefully the Hennessey craftsmanship that has bitten some doesnt bite me.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have driven my car very hard this summer for about 4k miles and its running as good as ever. So hopefully the Hennessey craftsmanship that has bitten some doesnt bite me.

Mine ran great until it had 11k on it then the valve float destroyed the valves. The springs were either WAY to weak or they put used up springs in it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21