Passenger side window came off track. Took some pics...

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well my passenger side window came off it's tracks. I took the door panel off and after looking around saw this below. Is there something that holds this back part of the window to the track bracket in the picture? I did not find any broken peaces. Also is there another track bracket that is in this pictures for the upper part of the window?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first picture appears to be the plastic guide that the window should be in.

If so, at least you've found the problem. Just reattach the plastic guide and you should be good to go.

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you guys think that is just some kind of glue that holds that back black peace to the window?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could be :dunno: It might be worth asking Chuck Tator for conformation :2tu: You could try some silicone sealant / mastic and let it set :)

I take it the main pressed metal guide channel which that bracket is attached to is securely fixed inside the door? Would also be worth lubricating the channel

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I could offer suggestions on the repair. However, I never had this problem on my Gen I..........Sorry, I could not help myself.....coffee has not kicked in yet. Please forgive me for being a smart A$%.:lmao: Good luck with your repair!

OP
OP
J

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I know one thing I will not be complaining about is the extra power I picked up by moving from a Gen 1 "UP" to a Gen 2... :D

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm surprised yours lasted this long! Pretty much all the Gen II windows came apart at one time or another. I'm sure someone here knows the right glue. Mine came apart while the car was still under warranty, and they're just now starting to come apart again. It's apparently pretty easy to fix.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This happened to my car (drivers side) like 2 days before the Detroit VOI. Couldn't believe it. Still had extended warranty. Viper tech mixed up some sort of paste like glue and fixed it. I watched him do it. Didn't come out of a tube. 1.5 years later, still working great!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21