PATHETIC

NVMYVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not that voiceing a negative opinion is wrong but what does it get you? Negativity is a choice. You can't change the car at this point but you can find things about the car you do like and move on to talking about how much hp you can get out of it and how. Just think for a minute if 640 is just a teaser to get all the Viperholics ******* in a bunch. It stimulates these debates, and generates interest. We even have people knocking the ad campaign. Really? Nothing better to do? This is all I am saying. I am glad the Viper is back, I can accept 640 hp especially when I am trying to get 500RWHP out of my Gen 1.5. This is a step forward and like somebody else said if 640 is not enough for you feel free to pony up for the 800hp crate motor and be happy with it. I can't buy either one but I am tickled pink everytime I open my garage door and see my 96 RT. It was a long hard road for me to get here and I love owning a Viper.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what they were saying at the the event last night it is somewhere around $130k. Don't hold me to it, just what I was hearing as I walked around. They should be starting to take orders around August and production starting somewhere around December.

Also, on the hp of 640, it's still more than many other cars in its class and remember, this is just the first iteration so 640 gives them room to improve as they move forward.

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the greatness of the car is that it is Naturally aspirated. You ever driven a supercharged car on the track for a day. In order to keep it working (not heatsoaking), you need a ton of cooling and just not as trackable. Again, I am biased that these are track machines and really is the best and most amazing ways to experience the capabilities of these cars. You truly find out how tough they are and how balanced if driven properly. If you are a point and shoot guy, then you are missing out on its best attributes. I think S/C are great for the stree in small doses, but not on the track.

I agree. The beauty of a 8.4 liter V10 is that it can afford to be naturally aspirated. Why take the easy way out and supercharge it? Leave that to the aftermarket. There's plenty of room in the future to get this motor well into the 700s NA.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im appalled that on an internet message board, there would be different views and opinions.... the govt needs to step in an fix this problem asap

Smokin' 2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the greatness of the car is that it is Naturally aspirated. You ever driven a supercharged car on the track for a day. In order to keep it working (not heatsoaking), you need a ton of cooling and just not as trackable. Again, I am biased that these are track machines and really is the best and most amazing ways to experience the capabilities of these cars. You truly find out how tough they are and how balanced if driven properly. If you are a point and shoot guy, then you are missing out on its best attributes. I think S/C are great for the stree in small doses, but not on the track.

I agree 100%. My Roe GTS can handle 6 laps in the Texas heat 1/2 the year and I have to cool it down. I ruined that car as a track car when I supercharged it. It's faster than a ZR-1 in a straight line now but not a track car anymore. My ACR goes all day long. I like the Gen V and look forward to seeing what it can do. The improvements are impressive and the look is growing on me with every photo.

As far as VOI track experiences go......If VOI 11 is the typical experience I would call it lead/follow at best. LOTS of different experience levels out there. :)

TR930

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. It is immediately identifiable as a "Viper"
2. It has a better motor, suspension and drive train
3. Interior is light years ahead of ALL generations of Viper
4. In a world of mandated fueld efficiency, we still got a V10.
5. It is stiffer, wider and lighter
6. It has MORE power
7. The GTR-S is the one of the most beautiful race cars I have ever seen

The only "gripe" I had was such a minor one, I think they could have done the headlights a little differently IMO, but honestly, this thing is a BEAST. I cannot wait to drive one!

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel a tad frustrated with all of the criticism of the new Viper, but at the same time, there is a good deal of time between now and actual production and refinement of the process. It is important that the car be vetted by the faithful, and unfaithful before it really reaches primetime. SRT is reading a ton of this stuff, and they may be dismissive of some of the sillier comments, but I am sure they will be taking to heart many of the constructive criticisms voiced here. I love the overall car, but there are some areas where I have some reservations. I am not in love with the headlights, the lack of fogs, or the less than prominent signature Viper grill cross. The engine compartment is the softest aspect of the car to me, and if anything the biggest single buagaboo. The Viper engine compartment has always brought oo' and ahh's from any bystander; car person or not. To cover up the works like that is just bizarre considering the 10 coffee can mayhem that lies beneath. In any event, lets air the laundry here, so that SRT can ultimately get it all right for its real world debut. This is my GTS's grandchild we are discussing here...I want it to be a total success! :2tu:

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
. Re: PATHETIC
im appalled that on an internet message board, there would be different views and opinions.... the govt needs to step in an fix this problem asap
Don't worry the govt will get to it soon enough!

Viper Garage Elite

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All I can say is that I showed my 10 year old son the new gen5 and all he could say is what is that. Said like the 1:33 acr and 2001 rt/10 whole lot more. I can't get past the front. I hope it grows on me.

F

FrgMstr

Silly fanboys. Feeling lucky and taking what you can get because of branding loyalties.

F

FrgMstr

All I can say is that I showed my 10 year old son the new gen5 and all he could say is what is that. Said like the 1:33 acr and 2001 rt/10 whole lot more. I can't get past the front. I hope it grows on me.

Got a very strong positive reaction from my 11 year old. Wife thought it was the bomb too, so maybe I don't know *** I am talking about. Still looks like someone stitched a Ferrari reject front end to a clown shoe. Meh.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude