Paxton and Fluidyne or Alan's

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had already 2 RD rad's....and I am in the market for a new radiator.
After viewing all this and reading more, I may actually call JonB and get a stock one.

How much "worse" the stock radiator really is??? Being copper, it conducts heat much better.

Any thoughts?

Copper is actually way more of a heat conductor than aluminum (400 vs. 250 I think). BUT, when I did have an aluminum radiator given like conditions, I noticed the response to changing conditions to be faster. That means the aluminum radiator had more capacity to exchange heat.

If I had to SWAG it, I'd say your radiator is 1"-1.5" thicker than stock. It may work with my set-up if I moved the intake and filter back to the stock position but with the current set up, there's no way it would work.

When I swapped out my stock radiator for another stock radiator, I got by without removing any major components. If I go with anything thicker, I may be in for a long day at the shop.

I have yet to take my old stock radiator to my radiator shop to see what they can do. I'm hoping they can make it thicker but within the same frame space that it currently uses. It looks as if the stock radiator has about .5" of space that is currently not being used. I'm hoping the shop can use that space to some advantage. I'll check back in when I have some more solid answers.

Thanks again for letting me cut those templates. I'm thinking I may make the pieces out of carbon fiber so that I don't add a bunch of weight. I'll keep you updated on this as well.

There's a shop in Austin that was saying they could do a 3 core using the OE tanks. They were getting frustrating to get a hold of so I said screw it, but I can look them up again if you are interested. jasontiff used them for his OE rebuild.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
call todd at ac performance 951 696 0500 he has a incredible triple pass radiator for s/c cars and his price is better then the comp i recieved my radiator a few weeks ago perfect fit and verry impressed with quality

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant