PDA Aug 11-12 weekend

GTS97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew, from NJ club we have a few members going to PDA at pocono including Snake Pit Racing also is going we should have al least 12-15 vipers that week end
Adel

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there, weather permitting. Does anyone know what course they are running? I thought I read it was the full oval?

PhilC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be there. I believe they are running the long course which incorporates the front straight, turn 1, second straight, then into the infield for some twists and turns, then back onto the front straight. I could definately be wrong as I've never done it or even been there before. Anyone in the know, please feel free to correct.

Phil

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Just take a look at our latest NJ region newsletter at www.viperclubofamerica.com

YES! It's the LONG course at Pocono. Stock Vipers can reach speeds of over 150!

Watch Hartley, Elsayed and Barone blow by you like you were standing still!!!!!

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long course. Front straight, turn one, back straight, turn two then sharp turn into the infield and back out to Front Straight.

150? Yeah, I only got to 145 last time, but I don't think I pushed it as much as I could. I know the car is capable of more than I am doing with it. When I drove a Winston cup car during the "Stock Car Experience" course I took three years ago, the instructor took you in the car and showed each of us just how well they stick to the track, and what the car was capable of. Then you followed the instructor and since all the cars are built the same, you were confident to go as quick as the instructor, as long as you stayed in his tracks. I learned a lot then. I wish I could do the same thing this time. I wish I really knew the limit I could go, but I'm not to sure my insurance company would agree.
I took turn one at 125 max and only hit 145 on the back straight and that was when I had to slam the brakes through the floor and downshift hard in order to get into the infield and stay in the proper line.

Any suggestions?

Andrew

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, I'm running with an exhaust upgrade this time as well as smooth tubes and k&n filters and Hoosiers on 17" wheels. No other upgrades, unless you count the Porshe brake deflectors up front for more air.

Reaction score
Cool. Can I go?? I went to something a Poconno on year with some guys in italian cars. There was a bugatti EB110. It this the same thing?

WHere and when . . . Ill be there