PENSKE 8100 vs KW Variant 2

Greg B

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am fairly new to the suspension world, i purchased a set of KW variant 2 coil overs from a guy on ViperAlley they ended up being Gen3 coilovers the spring rate was way to stiff and the rear fork or whatever the correct name is was to large. I had to use Spacers to install the shocks. after a week of driving i had to take them off they were unbearable, so they sit in my garage. i just purchased a used but recently rebuilt set of Penske 8100 coilovers with 800lb springs. What is the recommended spring rate for a Gen2 GTS?
Are the KW Variant 2's better than the Peske 8100's? Can you upgrade Penske 8100 to 8760 version? are titanium springs worth the money? What is the recommended spring? Hyperco or Eibach?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
800# is a very good rate for the rear springs. Fronts should be around 600#. Ti springs are a waste of $ on a street car. Either spring brand is fine, but my choice is Hyperco. It's quite a bit of $ to change from 2-way to 3-way Penske dampers, and you probably woudn't notice the difference.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just curious, what are the stock blue Konis set at? I know the re-bound is adjustable, but what are the benefits of going with a stiffer re-bound?

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
just wondering, where are some places to look for penske coil overs and shocks (at lest 2 way adjust) i never see anyone advertising them, just the motons.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456