Penske coil overs installed

ByDesign

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All, thanks very much for all of the conversations regarding suspension, your data made my choice for coil overs on my 05 much easier. (It really came down to Moton vs. Penske and which was better for _my_ driving habits.)

In the end, I went with the Penske setup. The car feels much more stable and predictable, and of course, more fun. The 6 way adjustments makes it easy to go from weekend warrior, to dinner with my wife without her complaining about her boobs hurting. I highly recommend them! (No not the boods, the coil overs.=)

I got the suspension, and all of the mods on my car, done at Valaya Racing. here is their info.

Valaya Racing info
URL: http://www.valayaracing.com
Address: 447 W Saint John St, San Jose, CA
Phone: 408-297-1990

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What spring rates did you go with? I'm running 500/700 and I like the ride though somtimes it may be a little on the soft side(like when I'm drinving in A$$hole mode)...the tires rub the fender liners. I'll have to go for a ride with you one of these weekends.

OP
OP
B

ByDesign

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the final rate was, I'll ask Ted. He played with a few different setups for me.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 6 way adjustments makes it easy to go from weekend warrior, to dinner with my wife without her complaining about her boobs hurting.

"6 way?" I think you mean "6 settings" don't you?

Typically a 3-way adjustable shock would be ride height, compression and rebound with 5 or 6 settings on compression and rebound both.

And careful about your references to your wife's mammarial discomfort. There are some weak guys on this forum that would stoop so low as to request pics be sent to some email address like [email protected] I personally don't condone this sort of low class behavior as I think something so personal should be entirely confidential and never forwarded or posted anywhere else, but that's just me. I thought I should inform you.

OP
OP
B

ByDesign

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ahhh yes, you are correct. 6 _setting_ not 6 _way_. (See, that’s why you have 12,969 posts, and I only have 8!)

BTW:
My wife says she is "flattered, and appreciates your concern about her honor(s)."

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I went with 600 / 850 rates and the handling is just awesome!

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a set from my 03 SRT/10 that were pulled out after only 300 miles or so, my wife didn't like taking the driveway at an angle so off they came. If anyone is interested PM or email me

thanks

Steve

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they nitrogen pressurized also with a valve to adjust the nitrogen pressure?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pics of the Penskes

Penske_3.JPG

penske_4.JPG

Penske_1.JPG

Penske_shocks.JPG

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It dropped the ride height by more than an inch and a half. (I dont reccommend rideing this low to most, i just cant bring myselif to raise my car.)

Here is a side shot so you can see the height.

http://forums.viperclub.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=395&d=1186282421

http://forums.viperclub.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=399&d=1186284613

hahaha yeah it looks really good...I've seen it and person and been there myself....when parts of the car start falling off the car though lol....it'll come up a little bit ;)