Penskes or Motons?

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking for feedback on Penskes or Motons for my 99 GTS. I'd say it's a half street and half track machine.

Jim

Brad Manhattan Beach

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Erik Messley likes Penskes.

I think that Erik likes Penske's because they are US based and their support is superior to Moton/JRZ (which I believe are based in Japan). I have never heard of any complaints from Penske users (other than the suspsnsion being better than the nut holding the wheel).

Having this upgrade will defintely force you to modify your driving technique... all for the better. Just don't get over confident when you first get out and about with them. I would set them up to a fairly soft settings and adjust as you get better acquainted with them. Don't let the brain below your waist do your thinking... Go with the Hypercoil springs and do not mess this beautiful suspension set up with Eibachs or some other second rate spring.

By the way, Erik knows how to set these combinations up in his sleep... just be truthful with him on your driving skill and style... or watch out what you wish for.

Brad

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Penskes on and no complaints. Use car for street & track. Handles like a train on a rail! :2tu: