Photog1 needs your prayers

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Story:

A single vehicle wreck in Morton leaves a woman unconscious and trapped inside her vehicle. Illinois State Police say just before 1:00 this afternoon 23-year-old Jennifer C. Buckman of Morton drove off the road while traveling south on Interstate 155 near I-74 and hit a culvert in a ditch. Officials believe the impact from the crash flipped the vehicle over several times leaving the woman trapped inside. The Morton Police and Fire department had to pry the victim out of the vehicle. Buckman was wearing her seat belt and alcohol was not a factor in the crash. The Illinois State Police continues to investigate the crash. The Illinois State Police was assisted by the Tazewell County Sheriff’s Department, Morton Police Department, Morton Fire and Rescue. Authorities say she was transported by ambulance to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.

Rob, is better known as Photog1 on these boards. his daughter passed away this morning due to injuries from the crash, she was only 23 years old.

it was only (1) week ago that she brilliantly orchestrated this photoshoot for the local high school girls basketball team. only (7) days ago i got to spend the day with her and her father during this shoot. Jennifer was such a sweetie, and she will be missed dearly.

good_1.jpg

girls_bballviper_forum1.jpg

i am so sorry rob. you and your family are in my prayers.

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't believe what I just read. That day of the photoshoot was the first time I met Rob and his daughter. I found their father-daughter interraction funny to watch. She had very firm ideas of what she wanted and she took total control of the morning and he seemed proud to let her go about her business. As I left, she urged me to stay and have lunch with them. I remember thinking how nice she was as I drove away to attend to family.

The only comfort that I could offer is that it took only the short amount of time that I had spent with her to realize that she was a very good person and that I was impressed by both her confidence and her warm personality.

My thoughts and prayers are with the entire family.

Last edited:

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talked to Rob just now, I couldn't believe it. He's really a tropper the way he's able to hold up, I don't think I could.

I remember just recently we talked about the photograph above that they were putting together. Reminds us all how quickly life can change so tragically.

The thoughts and prayers of everyone in the club go out to Rob and his family.

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Rob, I am so sorry to hear about your families loss. I am thinking of you and your family during this difficult time.

OP
OP
big-n-italian

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW - thank you very much everyone for all the kind words during this incredibly difficult time. i know rob will greatly appreciate it.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is so sad. I had the pleasure of having her as a student at Illinois Central College where she graduated with an Assoc. in Business Admin. All I can say is she was a joy to have in the classroom. I am in shock and at a loss for words. My prayers go out to her and her family. I am just so sorry.
Paul

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Prayers are with you my friend. Please let us know if there is anything we can do.

SNKVENOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is no greater loss then that of a child from a parent. My prayers are with you and your family.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very sad news.

My deepest sympathy to the family.

What a tragedy.

kman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your family will be in our hearts and prayers. I can't put into words how deeply sorry I am for your loss, be strong for your family.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently I missed this post in November. I hope her family and friends find themselves well in 2008 and able to carry her with them with less grief for the parting. Be well.

Performance Junkie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a Father is the most amazing gift in my life and I am sure none of us can imagine this loss. There is a very special church my Wife and I found taking one of our "rides to no where" with our little boy. It's in upstate NY "cragsmore" there is truly something very special about this place.
My son who is 3... from no where as we walked the grounds of the church said "Look Momma, Jesus" it didn't quite register at first and I asked... Gianni tell Dad again what you just said. He repeated this. I asked him to show me where he saw Jesus. He took my hand and walked us over to a part of the church, touched a decorative part and repeated it again. Completely blew us away...it was his first time being exposed to a church or anything associated with any cultural religions in any capacity.

There is indeed something about this place. We will be taking a ride there this Sunday and I Promise we will say a prayer for this Family.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also missed this, I'm very very sorry. Our thoughts certainly go out to the family, thank you Big for posting this...sorry we missed it for so long. ~mike & juli~

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your kind words thoughts and prayers. It is still very difficult to to even function. I just try and take it one day at a time. I miss her so much She was a big part of my photography studio and it is hard to go to the office. I don't get much done but with the help of friends I continue on. She had planned on eventually taking over the business down the road when I would retire. I am lucky that I had such a great kid and that I was able to spend more time with her by working together.
my other daughter Jaimie that is in the bball/viper photo is a senior this year and does help some but she will be going to college in the fall a couple hours away from home that will also be very difficult.
Thanks again everyone
Rob

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah Rob...I am just so extremely sorry. Words cannot express enough. You are a very strong person...loved that picture of your bball-playing daughter. You know you've done a great job with your children when they ARE able to go off to college and be on their own.
Our thoughts are continually with you...it's a loss that no one can even fathom. Our VERY best to you and your family...know you have TREMENDOUS support. ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62