Pic of SRT Hood

ACR_VP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this picture by chance looking around on twitter... Since I haven't seen a picture of the SRT hood I figured I'd share!

You must be registered for see images attach

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the car on the left is the track pak car. The headlights are darker for sure. Nice find!

--RS

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice and I like this shade of yellow. Are there other visual changes expected; i.e.: profile and rear?

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great find. That looks much better than the early SRT hood. In the first photos that were shown the vents \ slats looked like they were in a tray as a unit and dropped into the recessed area. These look smoother and integrated into the hood mold.. This looks much better and meaner for sure.. See old photo in post 5 of this older thread:
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/652521-Pictures-of-the-SRT-Version

Last edited:

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like they are playing at Gingerman raceway in South Haven MI. Same track we first got to play with the ACRX cars.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the SRT hood much better. It will look great in black.

Found this picture by chance looking around on twitter... Since I haven't seen a picture of the SRT hood I figured I'd share!

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice find indeed! I have mixed feelings about the 'gills', would like to see it from different views. Certainly more aggressive looking than the GTS hood, but not as sleek and "volumptious". The picture clearly shows that a lighter color will accent the vents, ducts and carbon fibre much better than a darker color.
Has there been a picture yet of the optional GTS stripe(s)...I liked the hood stripes on the GTS-R, and especially liked the two tone color scheme.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Much better hood than the GTS.
More aggressive, less goofy.

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like they did release the SRT hood via a toy car then lol. We saw this hood first on the Costco Viper from that other thread. We also saw the GTS Viper first from a Hot Wheels toy......LOL at the new source for Viper information.

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well since this is all about opinions....here's my take.

I have always like the Gen 4 hood since its really aggressive. Thought I would like it on the Gen V as well. Having said that, I really prefer the new GTS type hood. This because it something you wont see on older Vipers ....something different. Looks great with the lines of the car. It just flows.

The 'gilled' 6 vented hood is simply dated. Just like the 5 spoke wheels (don't get me wrong...they look great on Gen 3 and 4)

Its time to move forward and allow the car to look fresh, new and unique.....don't just take a bunch of old designs and put them back on this new car. You want old...there are plenty of used Vipers available.

Matt

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its time to move forward and allow the car to look fresh, new and unique.....don't just take a bunch of old designs and put them back on this new car. You want old...there are plenty of used Vipers available.

Matt

Ironic considering the Gen V is essentially a remake of a 17 year old design.

Chelseasnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope they offer the srt hood on the launch edition gts as an option, it would look better.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm ready for more examples of the hood. C'mon, no public mule shots? No wind tunnel? Oh well, we should have lots of examples in the next few weeks.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's what I was getting at, the black looks much better IMO.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you. Sometimes, it's really hard to improve on a concept, even if it's "old". The 1996 GTS may be a 17 year old design, but its lines are timeless, and my car still turns heads everywhere I go. I have owned many cars over the years, and none have stirred people's emotions like my '96 GTS. Even after 17 years, I still get a thrill about driving it (the 1,000 HP just might have something to do with it too). I really like the new design because it basically seems to be a refinement of the car that started the GTS breed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen