Picked Up '97 Bburago Yellow/Red Stripe RT/10, 1:18

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There are 252 vipers listed on the scale18.com site. I like the way they are described. You can see that several were made for specific countries or specific companies. I have noticed that some of the more exotic variations, especially airbrushed ones, are avaialble on international ebay site. Unfortunately, the dollar value plus shipping makes them a bit expensive.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of them are indeed soooooo rare I never have seen them anywhere for sale.
BBURAGO 3025 1992 Dodge Viper RT/10 lime green Rinspeed version - Scale18 1/18 Scale Diecast Model Cars, Since 1997
I never got confirmed this Rinspeed model actually existed.

But... the ones that are expected to be widely available such as the McViper by Bburago is very very rare too. Same goes for the 1996 white and blue one.
Just seen 2 of them for sale ever... bought them both. Bburago never publiced anything on build numbers.

Airbrushed.... not completely my taste (I do have them..... but you gotta love the subject that is airbrushed). If you need something from over here... let me know. They often sell cheap on Ebay.

This is one I still like.... (left a burnhole on the table)
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's very cool....didn't know there was a silver 1:18 RT, though a close look makes me think the picture is of a 1:24.

Thanks for the link!

Peter

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree that they produced different models for different countries. I have done lots of global travel - Asia, S. America and Europe - and did come across versions (Porsche 911 at the time) that were not available. I am probably going to sell my one super favorite GT1 that I picked up in Europe and I have only seen one other for sale on Ebay...actually for sale right now.

I just have no closet space to just have them sitting. I just sold a pretty rare 1:18 Jordan F1 that was driven by Jarno Trulli. I worked at one of the companies that sponsored the team and we were all given one...think there was a Minichamps version also, but I had to pick one.

Anyway, thanks for the info!

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think I still have one of those Silver RT's in 1:18 on the shelve.
PM if you're intrested.... pretty sure we can work something out.

PS: What's up with the Porsche GT1, my brother is a Porsche collector!

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to have a pretty nice 911sc, carrera wing, custom factory color and such. So, of course, had to have my die cast collection. There wasn't much in the way of stock 911's, so started collecting racing 911s which were, for me, the GT1. Must have had somewhere around twenty or so, mostly from UT as they did lots of racing Porsches.

Sold most of them after got rid of my 911, but kept one or two, including my favorite the orange and white Giesse car #17 (M. Collard, driver):
You must be registered for see images attach

I have owned this car for 12 or so years. It has been carefully stored in the top of one of my closets to protect it. At one point, I expected to purchase another 911, newer and possibly turbo but my wife doesn't like Porsches so I never displayed them. Now that I have the Viper, I am more in need of space for my kid's stuff and no longer have need to keep it.

Here is a link that shows one of the real team cars:
Porsche 911 GT1 - Photo Gallery - Racing Sports Cars

The other one I still have is one of the Mobil 1 GT1's.

Peter

Last edited:

le66

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Think I still have one of those Silver RT's in 1:18 on the shelve.
PM if you're intrested.... pretty sure we can work something out.

PS: What's up with the Porsche GT1, my brother is a Porsche collector!

Not intrested, just to said you "Happy new year" ViperArry... :2tu: (I'm very busy in this moment but always here !! ;) Greats. Chris)

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI on the display cases. Michael's has a 25% off entire order for display cases. The coupon is on their website (click on weekly ad).

UPDATE: I just noticed the coupon doesn't start until Sunday (3/13). It isn't this weeks ad.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456