Picked up my 08 SSG vert tonight

caj98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked up my 08 SSG, black stripe vert from Tomball Dodge in Houston tonight. Wow is an understatement. I have a 98 GTS and these are two completely different cars. First off, I picked up an 08 SSG, vert, H wheels, nav, black stripes. The car seems like it has taken forever to get here!!!!!!!! The time bewtween CAAP I status and now has been 4 - 6 weeks - the Prefix striping journey definitely takes it time as does the optimization of logistics on transport.

I have not even begun to get on the car given that it has less than 60 miles on it - however, the little that I have pushed it has been impressive. The clutch and tranny feel is incredible and the fit and finish is impressive. Saleen did a really great job of painting the panels.

It is refined yet still raw...not as raw as my Gen 2 but still raw!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a few pics and will try to get more and get them all up as soon as possible. By the way, I was a doubter on SSG at first, however, now that I have seen it and I have had a mere 5 hours of comments on it, I would not trade the color for anything! It is an amazing color - unique and tasteful, yet kinda obnoxious...I love it!!!!!!!!!!!

Big thanks to Ben Keating and his crew at Port Lavaca auto group. There are numerous people within his organization who are hugely passionate about vipers and will do what it takes to make a purchaser feel at home. Also, an enormous thanks to Todd Stewart at Chrysler. I am a happy boy.

I guess I am now a proud "collector" of Vipers and I can honestly say that my 4 and 6 year old daughters came running outside screaming at the the top of their lungs yelling "new viper, new viper, new viper,..., etc" the second I came home. My six year old told her teacher about it and is insisting that I take her to school tomorrow in the new snake!

Be back soon.

murci

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WoW! Hope to see it in one of our Houston meets. Congrats!

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jealous! Mine will be here tomorrow! The wait is killing me!

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations to you caj98gts!!! Yeah, pics, pics, pics!!! Hope your daughter got her ride to school!
Welcome to the world of having TWO Vipers...talk about Viper-Fever! ~juli

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jandrix302