PICS ADDED - Update - Purchased First Viper

OP
OP
V

viprvenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Buddy... I have been wanting a Viper since I learned of them in 1992. Keep the dream strong and it will happen. It rides like a dream... just like a sports car should - rough around the edges and FAST!!!

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is sweet! :2tu: :2tu:

8683DSC03527.jpg

Reaction score
That is a beautiful pic viprvenm. I always will keep the dream alive. I like you have wanted one since about 1998.(When I first learned of them.) Congrats again.

I feel like an idot though. Last night a few freinds and I went down a local road that is usually deserted and since one of them had a 2002 stang, he decided to see what mine (2005) had. I drove that little black pony up to 105 mph. That is the fastest I've ever driven and was freaked out like you wouldn't beleive to almost fright!!! Call me a wuss if you wish. I'm sorry I'm new to the sports car realm. Anyway, What I find funny is that I get scared driving a 210 hp V6 Mustang 105 mph and I want a 450 hp V-10 Viper! (Laughing at myself)

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can only say the same "DAMN" I cant wait when my viper arives, probably next Monday, feels like a century though. NICE RIDE BRO!

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a beautiful pic viprvenm.

I feel like an idot though. Last night a few freinds and I went down a local road that is usually deserted and since one of them had a 2002 stang, he decided to see what mine (2005) had. I drove that little black pony up to 105 mph. That is the fastest I've ever driven and was freaked out like you wouldn't beleive to almost fright!!! Call me a wuss if you wish. I'm sorry I'm new to the sports car realm. Anyway, What I find funny is that I get scared driving a 210 hp V6 Mustang 105 mph and I want a 450 hp V-10 Viper! (Laughing at myself)

One Day, I've been driving high performance cars for more years than I care to admit,and I'm not about to call you a wuss!A little bit of fear when you approach the limits of your personal performance envelope(as opposed to that of the car)is a good thing-it will keep you alive!Going to a good driving school and some track experience will improve both your skill level and confidence.When you're totally fearless,you're about to get hurt!Remember that when you do get into a Viper.

Reaction score
Thanks Orangesnake. Yeah I've heard the best thing to do before owning a Viper is to take some courses. Well for starters I need to learn manual trans. :)

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Well for starters I need to learn manual trans. >>

REALLY?!! I dont think i would learn on that beautiful new snake - clutches are not cheap on these cars.

Reaction score
Don't worry. I'll have more practice before then. I'll be lucky if I can get one in 20 years. Or at least it seems that way.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< Well for starters I need to learn manual trans. >>

REALLY?!! I dont think i would learn on that beautiful new snake - clutches are not cheap on these cars.

I actually dated a girl who got mad at me b/c I wouldnt teach her how to drive a manual on my Viper. But this is also the girl who said she had no ego and then once famously said "I like riding in your Viper, for once people are looking at the car and not me" LOL

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats!!! Nothing like that first drive ;)

Welcome to the fun, and a few warnings:

1) Should go without saying, but torque can be your friend and your enemy... be careful in the wet and on cold tires.

2) Driving schools are your friend.

3) You'll need to learn to walk backwards, as that is how you need to walk when leaving you car so you see it... and smile!

2) You'll never be able to wipe that smile off your face.

Now that it is in your garage, a few things to do :)

1) Email the pic and VIN to Tony at [email protected] so he can fix up your Avatar and new title.....

2) And of course join the VCA here: "VCA Membership Application"

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Glad you got what you wanted, Vipervnm! That one's cherry.

Here's some general purpose stuff-
Watch the curbs, the rear end is wider than the front end. Watch for dips, don't scratch that nose!
Keep your p.s. cap tight.
Don't put too much weight on the center arm rest, they can crack.
Don't use anything harsh, caustic, or abrasive on the headlight covers. I wouldn't even use Windex. Instead, try Plexus, or a plastic conditioner.

Do drive it.
Do have fun.
Do smile a lot.