PICS; End of an Era-Chrysler Stamping Plant in Twinsburg, OH

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I snapped a few sad pics with my cell phone at lunch on my way back to the office. It was once a proud staple of the community and now looks like a war zone...

You must be registered for see images attach

The Twinsburg stamping plant at 2000 East Aurora Road was opened in 1957. An article covering the groundbreaking claimed that it would be the largest of its kind in the country, in both floor space and productive capacity; the 200 acre site was chosen because it was... (read on) http://www.allpar.com/corporate/factories/twinsburg.html

Mike

viper k

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it's a shame to see something like this in the good old USA!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Those pics remind me of what the former grounds of the Dodge truck and Dodge/Chrysler minivan plants now look like in St. Louis, except all of the piles of debris have been removed from them. Just a big, flat, empty field...and a water tower with no name. The facilities stood since the late 1950s. In 2005 $1 billion was promised by Chrysler for upgrades to the two plants. After 1/2 of that was spent they started announcing layoffs and plant closings and finally demolition of everything.

Former manufacturing there has mostly moved to Mexico and Canada.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really sad :(

Trouble is when this happens it affects the whole town, from the local store selling food and all the other services in town.

Without industry its a rocky slope downhill :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456