Pics of flame job on my TT Viper

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the stripes and the flames is too much. I also would have like a more subtle flame; one where you almost have to look hard to see it. It's a great job, no knocking that, I just have a little different taste.

AC

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with the guys here... lose the stripes, although those are the best looking flames I'm seen on a car. Subtle, yet mean. :2tu:

OP
OP
D

davem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I know what you mean about the stripes, I considered getting rid of them. It's hard to notice in the pics, but the flames are inverted from whiteish to blueish when they go across the white of the stripes then back when they go into the blue, but they keep their shape/flow. It was the painters idea and it's kind of different, so I let him do it. I paid $5K to have it done by a local guy here in Maine.

-Dave.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the stripes and the flames is too much. I also would have like a more subtle flame; one where you almost have to look hard to see it. It's a great job, no knocking that, I just have a little different taste.

AC

I completely agree. Ghost flames are the best IMO.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Davem.As a kid I worked in an auto body shop.Explains why i'm so anal with my cars when it comes to being clean.Take this as a good lesson.Never let anyone sell you on something that doesn't contrast well with the car. Since you have the stripes, the flames wouldn't fit in unless they where ghost flames.Ghost flames are actual flames painted on car with a flip flop candy color.They come on angles and different lighting.Sometimes you see them and sometimes they just fade when car is driving away. The flames he put on your car were done very poorley.He painted them right over the strips which make no sense.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< He painted them right over the strips which make no sense. >>

this is what i keep thinking. the stripes and the flames are "fighting" each other in design.

i think it would work better if the ends of stripes at the bottom of the windshield were shortened to the middle of the hood somewhere, then "flame" the ends of the hood stripes for example.

IMO, i think this one simple touch would tie it all in a bit more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas