Pics of hood and roof vent (smooth)

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
We tried something new on a customer's car and I thought everyone may want to see. We took the hood and completely smoothed and filled all the gaps. It changes the entire look of the hood. We added a Autoform roof vent and moulded it in to the roof instead of just using the two sided tape....it turned out incredible. We also took off the rear quarter panels and rejammed the sills with the factory color, no more flat black or stuck on covers...this gives a totally new look when you open the doors. After that, we block sanded the entire car and gave it the look that it should have come with from the factory. Anyway, I wanted to say thanks to the owner Mike Perkins for letting us try something different and say thanks to my awesome painter Paul @ Paul's Autoworks for the incredible job that he always does.
Joe
4052perkins4-thumb.jpg
4052perkins3-thumb.jpg
4052perkins2-thumb.jpg
4052perkins1-thumb.jpg

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks very interesting. Can you post larger pics? I just can't get the flavor from the small photos.
Yes, larger pictures would be great. I just wanna congratulate you first of all for a very, very clean design choice. People often forget that sometimes "Less is More".

These are some very tasteful decisions. I'd love to see larger images. Bravo. :cool: :headbang: :nana:

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am glad to see the good response, I wasn't sure if I made the correct decision by smoothing everything out. I have some pics of the original car that we tried this on and Paul is almost finished with it. It is the same process except I added the Autoform center vents...The paint on this car is flawless...it is a deep pearl white that looks like no other. Anyway, thanks again.
Joe
4052roseman4-thumb.JPG
4052roseman3-thumb.JPG
4052roseman2-thumb.JPG
4052roseman1-thumb.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte