Pics of my mods, new wheels, shifter, etc.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So here she is, I did the 2009 SRT 6 spokes with PS2s, they look awesome in person, I hope the depth of them comes thru on the pics. They have a "spider" like look to them, the spokes really show off the calipers and give a cool depth feel to them & they're nice & light, similar in weight to the ACR rims. The ride improvement with this setup over stock with runflats is like I changed the whole suspension. I got about 70 mis in today & the traction and ride quality is amazingly improved.

I did the Woodhouse engine & trans mounts, my stockers were completely anihilated, the mounts gave a good amount of vibration out of the gate, but in just 50 mis or so I could feel them settling down already, less vibe, it reminds me of my 2000 RT/10 in feel, just a bit more "growl" to the feel of the car, but much more break in to come. My shifter would move 1.5" or so on acceleration before, now there's zero movement.

The SVS shifter,combined with the new mounts make the car shift like an arcade game, so short, smooth, and precise, amazing.

Also did all fluids etc. Bottomline, the car feels like a whole new car. I did the 1" lowering kit as well and now I'm totally comfortable, amazing what a difference an inch an make ... that's what she said. LoL

Here are a few pics, trying to show the wheels. Now I have the Vipair hood on the way, can't wait.:headbang:

SideAngle1.JPG

FrontAngle1.JPG

Pic of SVSi shifter with MGW know/shaft:
SVSShiferView.JPG

A pic from the back showing the driver's seat after the 1" inch SnakeOyl lowering kit:
OneInchSeatLowered.JPG

6SpokeCloseUp.JPG

SideAngle1.JPG

PassengerRearView.JPG

unreelviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DMAN, your car looks "AWESOME". I almost bought those same wheels last week. Now I know how good they really look on a Gen 3/4. I'm staying aftermarket for now. You definitely made the right choice for a stock wheel. Send us pictures when your hood comes in.

OP
OP
D

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two words: Lower it!

:usa:

i hear ya, but I've decided against it, it's too nice not having to worry about clearance. i have lots of speed bumps in my county & I've never had a problem. I dropped one of my stangs & had issues all the time, it was nerve racking, but i know it would be nicer if i did.

SilveRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dman, nice ride !
I have a Black 08 vert with the 5 spokes rims, but after seeing how good yours looks with the 6 spokes, I had to get me a set.
There was an auction on Ebay for a brand new set of 4 taken from a 09 car complete with the PS2 tires and monitors. I got the set for $3250, should get them next week, when I come back from the "Vipers Invade Niagara Falls" VCA week-end.
BTW the roads here in Quebec are pretty bad so I lowered my car only 3/4" with Partsrack Lower spring caps, looks much better and does not hit anything/anywhere.
Will weigh the 5 vs 6 spokes and will post the results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dale04SS