> Pics of the Annihilator with 19" Purners vs. the BBS wheels <

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
> Pics of the Annihilator with 19\" Purners vs. the BBS wheels <

Well I had my RT/10 up on the lift for storage and decided it no longer needed the 19" Purner wheels for right now since I have my SRT-10 and supercharged GTS to hold me over. SO, I put them on my GTS to see what they would look like.

You like or no? Please no back patting -- tell me whatcha think honestly. Me, I really like the way these wheels look on the car, and I can honestly say that driving it around today produced more stares and good comments (by far) than it usually does.

I noticed only slightly more wheel spin with the rear pilot sports than I did with the Pilot Sport CUPS that were on the other wheels. I did feel that steering response (how the car jumps back and forth when slamming the steering wheel from side to side) seems much more mushy with the 19's than they did with the 18's -- I'll have to look into why this is with the 18 inch pilot sports vs the 19 inch pilots sports that I have on the front wheels. Anybody know?

You must be registered for see images

And the old wheels

Manny C.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: > Pics of the Annihilator with 19

Manny, Chrome those things. I've seen Chrome 19" Purners and they are BY FAR the most beautiful wheels I've EVER seen.

(Saw them over the weekends at Elite Motorsports of Tampa on Scotts personal GTS)

They looked unreal..

Gerald

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Purner's hands down !! They'll look sick chromed.
Manny if you can't find a shop here in Diego to chrome the Purner's I've got a number for one in Irvine that does awesome work .

Cheers

J

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: &gt; Pics of the Annihilator with 19\" Purners vs. the BBS wheels &lt;

I like your rear bumper and diffuser. Where did you get that, I'd be interested in checking into adding to my GTS!

Gregnice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: &gt; Pics of the Annihilator with 19

I think the BBS LMs matched with the wing and diffuser give it that race car track look. The Purners are more the "hey look at me" style...
I am more of a go than show guy, so... You're choice...

Both look good, but I like the BBS.

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny if you can't find a shop here in Diego to chrome the Purner's I've got a number for one in Irvine that does awesome work .

Cheers

J

Jeff,

What shop is it and how much do they charge? And how long do they need my wheels for?

Manny

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: &gt; Pics of the Annihilator with 19

I think the BBS LMs matched with the wing and diffuser give it that race car track look. The Purners are more the "hey look at me" style...
I am more of a go than show guy, so... You're choice...

Both look good, but I like the BBS.

Motion Seconded! :D The Purners Do look Killer, ... But I'm a TrackRat so I gotta go with the BBS for the Track and the Purners for the Street!

Jay K&gt;

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cheers

J

Jeff,

What shop is it and how much do they charge? And how long do they need my wheels for?

Manny

Manny, I called around several places when I was considering Chroming my HRE's and this shop had the best turnaround and quality of work.

Chrome Tech # 714-543-4092 ..They charge $120 / Wheel, This is the Complete Wheel. (Not just the front side)Turnaround time is 7-10 days.

Address : 2330 West Capecod Way ,Santa Ana ,92703 .
Ask for Sharon she was very helpful :2tu:

Good Luck !

Jeff

Alternative

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Do you really need more stares? LOL...
Honestly, the Purners don't look good on your car for some reason. It may be because of the body kit. The BBS looks better IMO.
You may want to call CCW and ask about chroming. I've heard that it weakens the wheel. Don't know if it's true...

ohiodoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The bbs look better, so you should sell me your Purners for my r/t.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

I like the purners. The BBS makes your wheels look like 15" wheels. I only liked the ACR wheels only in that style.

Purners are the way to go

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny, what do you think of this?

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: > Pics of the Annihilator with 19\" Purners vs. the BBS wheels <

Manny, how about putting those Purners on the SRT10 and taking a few pictures?
I am pricing the Purners and the 547R for my black SRT10. I have only been able to see a set of 545 on a Gen3.
:2tu:

robntguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yellow Fever - do they blacken wheels as well ?

Red Mist Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've got to say your Viper is just stunning! I'm not a big fan of the wing, but on your car it looks great and compliments all the other additions (I really like the hood!). Although I'm partial to BBS, as I have a set, I think they match the overall theme of your Viper and finishes the look better then the Purners--just my .02 cents.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny, how about putting those Purners on the SRT10 and taking a few pictures?
I am pricing the Purners and the 547R for my black SRT10. I have only been able to see a set of 545 on a Gen3.
:2tu:

Brian, I was out in Laporte last night, with BrianBurns &amp; RoyJukes for the annual cruise night and there was a Silver SRT-10 with some HRE wheels(similiar style to the Purner's), and it looked real nice!

Manny, I think the BBS look better, and if they were CHROMED, it would be even better!! :2tu:

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Casey, did you get his name?
I would really like to talk to him about those wheels.
Dean had a horrror story to tell me about getting his new 545's mounted and balanced. I am hoping to find somebody in our local area that can do a good job without damaging the wheel finish. :2tu:

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I hope Dean didn't have a problem mounting them at the Tirerack! I am headed there tomorrow morning to mount my front tires, and was there last week mounting my rears. They have always been Great with taking care of the Viper Wheels I have brought them. And it can't be easy to find a local place that can mount 18x13 or even 19x13!

Didn't get a chance to talk to the owner of the SRT10, he trailered his car there and then made a few laps around the cruise zone. He didn't bother to stop and talk with us. Did I mentioned he trailered his SRT10 to a cruise! :shocked:

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Casey you have mail.
I use Tirerack whenever possable. I have never had a problem there.
They always do a great job and their prices are pretty good too. Ask for Luke. :2tu: