Pirelli P zero rosso 355/25 YR 19- what do you think

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to change out my runflats without changing wheels. I am considering either the non-runflats pilots of the P-Zero rosso Asmmetrico in a 355/25 YR19 rear and stock front size- looking for better dry traction- plus I just got a nail in one of my rears and this is a good reason to change.

What do you think??

thanks

Rich

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems like there would be plenty of room on the wheel. If this isn't a problem i'll go with this size as well.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have this on my 02 GTS and are far stickier than the stock Michelin Pilots. Not sure how they compare to runflats. It gets so sticky that it picks up little rocks leaves etc.

youngviper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Quote:
It seems like there would be plenty of room on the wheel. If this isn't a problem i'll go with this size as well.

1)franko, what do u mean there will be plenty of room on the wheel. 355 is even bigger than stock 345 tires how much extra room can u have?

2)sbkim, how much difference do u think those tires make makes when launching the car from a stand still, 0-60 for example.

3)those of u who took off your run flats, what do u plan on doing if/when u get a flat tire on ur car (considering we have no spare)?

i recently got a flat tire on one of my rear wheels. i was trying to decide weather to change both for p-zeros and get more traction or just change the flat and get another run flat michelion pilots.

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a very good tire, great traction and the widest on the market in a 19. Please make sure to match the fronts as well with P-Zero's.

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also get the non-red marked tire. In terms of launching - a night and day difference. Not sure about cold but when they are warm, they will STICK. Perhaps further contributing to my wheel hop issue??!??!

madman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My experience comes from use of these pzeros on S2000. Completely negative. The car felt like on a mud and I worn the backs off within 6000 miles. Yes, there was a lot of agressive cornering and acceleration but that I suppose is expected from a viper too:). After these I used Kumho ecsta which were several times better. Too bad there are not many viper tires to choose from...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang