Playing with fire

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I modified a set of OE exhaust manifolds a bit..

You must be registered for see images

I cut into the manifold just after the weld that holds the V-band sleeve section onto the headers, removing 1.25 inches of the 2.5 inch OD inner tubing that sticks out the end to make room for the megaphone's small end of the same size to go up into the manifold that far.

That way I didn't have to shorten the megaphone, especially on the passenger side which has a shorter manifold to sill distance, and there's a perfectly smooth transition from OE to megaphone inside the end of the OE manifold.

You must be registered for see images

The megaphone's big end is 4.5 inches, with a reducer on the end that drops it to 3.5 inches for the turn under the sills..

That will connect to a long section of 5 inch OD tubing under the sills, which on the far end connects to the OE 2.25 inch section and rear muffler.

I've already tried this set up before with the megaphones placed further back near the bulge at the front of the sidesills. That made for a very nice gain in low end power-but I want to try and move the hit up higher in the powerband.

An investment of less than $90 per side that could just pay off.

:D