Please Help! High Oil Pressure GEN I

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, I'm cruising tonight through downtown, all is well. The car runs normal. I look over the gages and see that my oil pressure indicator needle is tilted all the way to the right, past the last mark ( last mark displays 5.4) So, I start looking through my mirrors if I am getting bad blow-by, and it doesn't appear that I have any smoke coming out. So when I get home, I turn the car off, and watch the gage dropping the pressure very so slowly. I never noticed that before. I thought as soon as the car is off, the needle should drop to zero mark immediately. So I put the key back in to the ignition and turn it without starting the car. The pressure indicator quickly climbs to the far right again. Now, I am thinking, could it be due to the fact that I recently installed HID fog lights, and didn't notice the oil pressure "High" reading till now? What to look for? Are there any sensitive wires in the front facia that linked to oil indicator, that may have been effected by the HID swap? Or do I have an internal problem.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you put 50+ weight in it or something at last oil change, check the sending unit as Plum suggests.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang