Please post on the Western Zone Rendezvous

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I missed the "Zone" because of other commitments so how about the scoop and some pictures?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
The track at the drag strip was coated in Vaseline (I know, a lousy excuse for poor driving but 729 rwhp, street tires and this track just didn't mix well), but Greg Baxter (Mr Consistency - 11 seconds every time) kicked everyone's butt.

It rained continuously during Autocross. Kind of interesting in a Viper autocrossing in 2 inches of water. Lots of spin outs and cones "eaten".

Food at the base was good. Poor Marv worked his butt off. He could use some help from the locals.

My new enclosed trailer kept my car out of the rain and it didn't eat as many butterflies and bugs as it would have = good test.

Traffic in Phoenix was brutal, almost as bad as LA.

In my humble opinion, we could have forgone the "store your cars on the base" during the airshow. I wouldn't do that again. 125,000 people at the air show and my truck got a new door ding.

It was nice to provide the support $ to the military guys. As a result of this trip, I'll probably contact my local base - Camp Pendleton - and offer some help in some way or form for active duty guys who are overseas and who's family could use some type of home repair work.

Just my view.