please tell me what i was going up against

vo04

Enthusiast
Reaction score
last night a young kid pulled up next to me with a hot rod (heavy muffler etc)we took off ran approx one qtr mile or so and i didnt gain or lose any ground,after he backfired and slowed down we talked side to side here is my question ? he said he had a 350 short block with LST OR LS1 with cam change or something, it was hard to understand him but what is that mod compared to my 04 does he have the same amount of power or maybe i dont know how to drive this beast. ps i was only in 4th gear when he stopped

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you mean "only in 4th gear?" You should not even get to 4th until above 120. Were you short shifting?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it is stock it should be topping out in 3rd at a quarter mile. It did not sound like it was just shifted into 4th when it stopped, which should be the case if it was exactly a quarter mile. But on the street nothing is exactly a quarter mile so who knows. The SRT does require you to shift at higher engine speeds than a Gen II in order to perform well.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You are dead on SRT. I just hit the 700 mile mark on my odometer and started to really open it up. The car does beg for higher RPM's.

At first I didn't notice a big power uplift from my 96. Now that I can wind the gears up... Wow.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with SRT if you were in 4th you should have been doing over 120 or so.

If driven properly the SRT would have destroyed that car.