Plugwire order on 96 RT/10

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to pull the drivers side bank of plugs when working on the car. Now i'm putting everything back on, and I thought I remembered that the order listed in my tech manual wasn't correct for the 96 RT/10. Does anyone have the order at the coil packs? I put them on to the spec in the manual, and the car fired up but did not feel right. Just want to make sure before I take it for a spin, don't want unburnt fuel flooding my rings!

MM

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad,
I assume you have the windshield cowl removed, and all that.
If you use a mirror and look at the coil pack, at each post the cylinder number is imprinted. Run the wires accordingly.
Later,

OP
OP
M

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't see any numbers. I have a factory service manual, and when I follow that order, the car is very slow to start up, idles around 100 for a second then to 500, but does not go through the powerband without stuttering.

I thought I had rememberd that the order in the book wasn't correct for some 96 RT/10s.

HELP! :)

MM

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mad,
Hummmmmmmmmm,
On page 8D-13, of your service manual (1996 Viper RT/10), there is a picture in the left column that shows the imprinted cylinder numbers on the coil pack.
You have Email also.
Later,