POCONO!!!!!!!!!!!!! Almost here!!!!!!!!!!

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA
NEW JERSEY REGION, INC.

PRESENTS

A DAY AT POCONO INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY

THURSDAY, AUGUST 19, 2004

The Viper Club of America, New Jersey Region, would like to invite all Viper and other specialty/performance cars to our event at Pocono International Raceway. Let your engine breathe the mountain fresh summer air of the Pocono Mountains while negotiating the challenging turns of the infield course, and then letting it all hang out in the front straight, NASCAR turns 1 & 2, and then launching down the Long Pond Straight. Test and tune your machine while enjoying a fun packed day of performance driving on the main sports car course at Pocono. The day will be split into alternating groups: Novice, Intermediate and Advanced. Limited introductory instruction will be available for novice participants. All groups require a Snell 90+ Helmet. This year space may be limited so sign up early to ensure a spot. If you wish to drive up the night before or to stay after the event, the local hotel is Best Western Inn (800-780-7234).

Track Opens at 7:00 am - Drivers Meeting at 8:00 am - Hot Laps start at 8:00 a.m.

THIS IS AN OPEN EXHAUST EVENT.

Please call Robert J. Carroll, President, with any questions.
732-714-8500 (Days) - 201-247-3795 (Evenings)

Mail Registration Form and Payment to: Robert J. Carroll, Michael & Carroll, P.C.
501 Broadway, Suite 201
Point Pleasant, New Jersey 08742

$300.00 per car (includes continental breakfast and lunch) - Please make checks payable to: New Jersey Viper Club

*All Drivers participate at their own risk; liability waivers will be required of all participants.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Name _______________________________ Phone _____________________________

Address _____________________________ Fax: _____________________________

City, State, Zip ________________________ Email: _____________________________

Year __________ Model __________ Color __________ Car # __________

Year __________ Model __________ Color __________ Car # __________

VCA Member: Yes _____ No _____

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Larry, how are you?

If you could, what is up with the spectator status at this event?

If I could, I would like to come and watch with my Brother and his 7 year old son. We would just watch and hang out, not get in anyones way at all.

Is this possible, and what would the $ be?

Thanks

:2tu:

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jerome,

Here's the deal... You are more than welcome to spectate, breakfast & lunch is being provided for the drivers, if you are going to join us for lunch we will have to charge a fee of $20 a head. That is our cost, this awesome event is getting very expensive to run and we must cover our cost.

Please let me know because I need to give the caterers a head count early next week.

We'd love to have ya! This is by far the best event we have!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
How does the track events flow, are all cars out together at the same time ? are they staggerred or one at a time ?

thanks.....jw

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
JW,

We utilize the same techniques that are utilized by a majority of the professional PDA, PCA, and Ferrari Clubs.

This includes splitting up into run groups based on your expertise (novice, intermediate, expert, pro), and usually offer a "first timers" session for those that want to get there .... slowly.

Depending on the classification, there are specific rules about passing, hand signals, etc.

There are professional flagmen working the track to make sure you are aware of all conditions.

It's a great time, and the confidence building aspects are incredible!

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JW,

We have 3 run groups; novice, intermediate, and advanced. Introductory instruction will be available for novice participants. We run 20 minute heats for each group all day except for when we break for lunch. We get as many runs as possible and believe me we all get tons of drive time. I tend to drive the track so much you end up driving home in the right lane at 55 mph drinking a diet coke to stay awake.

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jerome,

Here's the deal... You are more than welcome to spectate, breakfast & lunch is being provided for the drivers, if you are going to join us for lunch we will have to charge a fee of $20 a head. That is our cost, this awesome event is getting very expensive to run and we must cover our cost.

Please let me know because I need to give the caterers a head count early next week.

We'd love to have ya! This is by far the best event we have!

Larry thanks for the response.

If I can make it with my bro and the little Viper fan we will won't have a need to eat all of you guys food up. :D But really, my brother lives maybe 15 mins away from the track now. So if anything we will just run to his house for a bite, or if little Steven gets tired (not likely).

If we do go and can help in any way, just let us know. I will try to track you down to let you know that we are available to help out.

Thanks again

Scoob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi everyone. New guy on the board here. I'm glad I found this thread yesterday. I don't own a Viper but sure wouldn't mind having one in my garage.

A few weeks ago our club, Natural Glass Corvette Club, got an email from one of your members inviting us to the event. I know that at least 2 of us will be there. We're both novices. I'll be driving a '90 Corvette ZR1 and another guy will be driving a '97 Porsche C4S. We're looking forward to meeting up with the Viper guys and a great day on the track.

Scoob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, Larry. I'm looking forward to it.

I'm assuming this is a rain -or- shine event, correct?

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, this sounds like a great day. I will do my best to make one of these soon, this date conflicts with a business trip. Good luck to all running that day ! :2tu:

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll be up to watch. Won't run yet till I make sure my car's okay from the fire! Waiting for dyno time!

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please, anyone who has Not driven the track at Pocono please come early so that you can attend the drivers meeting, and all experienced should attend also.

Thanks

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might just get there early enough and sleep at the entrance! Can't wait! Hope my tie rod comes in the mail tomorrow......sort of an important part......

Andrew

Scoob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting there plenty early to attend the meeting.

I hope the weather holds out.

OP
OP
L

larry milo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's just a chance of a thunder shower tomorrow afternoon. It's just typical August weather. We should be fine. Even with a passing shower that track will dry damn fast!

Scoob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a paddock area or something similar where we can leave things we take out of the car (cooler, etc.)?

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great day yesterday!!! Got black flaged on my last lap of the day, but I was playing around a little pushing to the edge and I guess they didn't like that too much. BUT, if you can do that and stay under control, which I thought I was, it's a good way of teaching yourself what you are capable of doing....I think. My passengers had a good time, that's for sure.

Thanks NJ Club !!!!

Andrew

speedpup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a great time and I was surprised the weather held up as good as it did. There was no traffic on the way home to Long Island which is a plus. Thanks to all who put there time and effort to make a great event with a ton of track time. Special thanks to the corner workers who watch over our safety.

John Shiels
#316 Navy Corvette

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang