Police are stalking me... Is that Legal?

Reaction score
They, meaning the Police in your area are probably playing head games with you...In addition, they probably have a bet with each other who will be the first to bag you speeding...I seen it happen alot in rural towns...Just be cool and beat them at there own game!...Johnny...

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good advice from the board...keep a low profile...most of the "BOLOS" you mention(at least around Indy) come from CAR PHONE equipped drivers(everyone???) who are "upset" with the driving style of the party they report... this includes semi's, cycles, cars, SPORTS CARS...mostly for"aggressive" driving. One approach is to pass folks slowly, using signals, and extreme courtesy, then,when WELL down a CLEAR road, go for it !!! This technique helps eliminate some of those irate calls that set the police into action. Good luck and HAPPY VIPERING.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stalking may not be completely accurate and I doubt that such a description fits any formal police action. A female driving a Viper is quite an outrageous site indeed and police officers being mostly males (and you know how we can be), simply want an opportunity to meet you personally. Is it proper? No, but it is very much human.

Maybe ........ maybe not!

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I knew this would happen as soon as I brought home my snake, so I took pre-emptive action. I hunted down the local DARE officer and introduced myself, offering to loan him the car for DARE events. I attended several local cruising nights and spent way too much time talking with the officers on an informal basis. Turns out we have many common friends and interests.

I have never been pulled over in my home county, or even followed.

Morale of the story: be nice and they will reciprocate.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Judy,
I had similiar situation, except it was one officer in particular. Would pull me over for anything and everything, at least 3x a week. Although I was never ticketed, I felt I was being harassed. So, I went to the police station he works out of and threatened to file a formal complaint. Well I can happily say things have quieted down. I pass this officer frequently, we glance at eachother, and I offer him a smile. (I live on a dead-end road, and the police station is on the corner). So I have no option but to pass by there several times a day. Perhaps you can go in to your local police station and try the same. I wouldn't suggest filing a formal complaint, at least not yet. Sometimes that can just cause you more aggravation and harassment. Good luck. If all else fails, you could always take them out for a drink! hehe! Take care.
Laura

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are after me in the UK too!!

They set up a road-block to stop me...scarey! (They wanted to have a drool over the Viper). But, a few people had phoned up, reporting the car as probably nicked due to the fact that it sped past them with a youngster at the wheel. While others phone up if you overtake them as they are jealous, because they haven't got one to drive fast, then they like to make it difficult for you to do so. They also had reports of a blue and white car spinning out of control with smoke coming from it once. I was pulling donuts on a private driveway, and pointed out that to do so you actually have to be in very good control!

How about harassing them, follow the cops about, sit and wait for them, see how they like it??!

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must have passed the cheif of police one day in an unmarked car. All I know is for about a month everytime I left the hospital parking lot at 9:15am to go to my office there was a motorcycle policeman that gave me an "******" to my office.

He finally had better things to do.