Poll: What do you pay for insurance?

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm 42 and I've got State Farm and pay $954 per year for Full Coverage with $500 deductible on Collision, and $0 deductible on comprehensive.
You must be registered for see images

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$880.00 per year with Farm Bureau Insurance, 500 deductable. I first used them when i bought a new dodge truck and got a 500 buck rebate for signing on with them for coverage. Very nice people, great rates, they now insure my home, cars, business, everything.

I was previously with allstate, the "good hands" people. Their hands were only good at one thing, taking my check!

tom

Reaction score
$1450 per year. (12 mo. coverage) + uninsured motorist HIGHLY RECOMMENDED as people tend to get detracted and swerve at you when they see the car. $1000 deductible. Unlimited mileage. Progressive Insurance Co (Montana). I was insured with Farmers Insurance, but when I converted my 97 GTS to a Venom 650R and sought increased value coverage, they dropped me. Progressive was the only insurer in this aria that would consider that much car. 52 years old. Male. No tickets.No accidents lately. Single vehicle policy. Only driver.

Reaction score
Anyone want to know what it cost to insure a viper after you total one? I really feel stupid admitting I totaled a Viper but, here is some information I hope you don't need.......

$918 per six months (Max. Coverage) for 1998 GTS

Driving record = 1 wrecked viper (different '98)
1 speeding ticket (will be off record in Feb)

The insurance company is 21st Century. I had some difficulty with the claim, but was able to get it worked out. I would rate them a 4 out of 10, but maybe I'm really rating the one person I had to deal with during my claim? I have all my other cars with a different company. The cost before the wreck was somewhere around $516 for 6 months. I'm 27 and besides the ticket and wreck I've never had any other marks on my record.

VEETENN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your location, and driving safety record are huge factors in your premium. State Farm offers dramatic reductions in premiums for a good driving record (No Accidents or Tickets), also discounts for multiple cars, and other insurance (Home) with them.

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very few companies would even offer me a quote in the UK! I'm 26 and clean license. I pay $2300 a year, (unfortunatly limited to 6k miles and I have to pay the first $1200 of a claim, only way I could get insured!)

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just finalized insurance today - State Farm @ $437 every 6 months! Almost half of the next best offer!($1488/yr.) 44 years old, clean record, full coverage. The other quote limited miles and made me exclude the Mrs.(2 tickets). State Farm said I couldn't exclude her since she lives in the house and had access to the snake (I haven't told her that she's covered yet, though

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hawiian punch:

I saw your car in downtown toronto on sept 1st this year. You were parked on Yonge street outside a nice building. I can't remember the window sticker you have on your windsheild but I do know you have a MOMO shift knob and wheel. You were parked near a budget rent a car that had a blue porsche with a wing, BMW M Roadster and another car. Do you remember this???? I'm only 18 and was in the city with my girlfriend, she's gonna be amazed when I show her the pic of your car.

As for the topic of this post, my dad pays $349 canadian a year. I'm 18 with 1.5 years clean driving and I'm free on the car as well as our 94 RT/10 which we also pay the same for. Too bad he won't even think about letting me drive it. Maybe some day. We get this rate because it's insured as a fleet car through our company!!!

Small world

Craig

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
State Farm, 100/300/100, $500 collision, $50 comp.

Y2K Viper GTS: $830 a year
Y2K GMC Yukon XL (4X4): $840 a year
Y2K Durango (4X4): $770 per year