Poly mounts and excess engine vibration

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both of the two bolt flanges had leaks. That was a major dissappointment as I was careful as hell to follow Tony's advice. So, I went to Carquest and got the 8689 exhaust gaskets. So far, so good.

I've put on just over 1K miles on the Viper since reinstalling the Belanger headers and no leaks. I think with the gaskets you're using now you should probably re-torque the bolts after 500 miles or so. You're using those aluminum/graphite gaskets right? If for some reason these don't work...you could always call Lou Belanger. Tell him you want the Tony special. :lmao:

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've put on just over 1K miles on the Viper since reinstalling the Belanger headers and no leaks. I think with the gaskets you're using now you should probably re-torque the bolts after 500 miles or so. You're using those aluminum/graphite gaskets right? If for some reason these don't work...you could always call Lou Belanger. Tell him you want the Tony special. :lmao:

Thanks Tony. I have lost a little faith in Lou B. Too many of us have had problems with leaks. I think Lou makes a good product, but he should consider a redesign if only the "perfect" install succeeds without leaks.

I put a turbo back exhaust on my Subaru STi in 2 hours and have never had a single thought about leaks. Enough said.

Last edited:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Tony. I have lost a little faith in Lou B. Too many of us have had problems with leaks. I think Lou makes a good product, but he should consider a redesign if only the "perfect" install suceeds without leaks.

I put a turbo back exhaust on my Subaru STi in 2 hours and have never had a single thought about leaks. Enough said.

He did consider a redesign and was going to try it on mine but decided not to. The new design consisted of a slip-fit design whereby a smaller ID pipe would be welded into the 2 Y-collector pipes. It would protrude enough so that the collector can slide over and bolt on. This is something that can be done at home with the right tools and materials. So if you've got the time...:D

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From my contact with the engine and transmission mount customers the vibrations do calm down a little with a few miles. This may also be psychosomatic and they are just "tuning" them out! I love the difference also because the car is so much more responsive to throttle inputs.
Thanks for all your support!

Nope, not psychosomatic ! When I first put mine in the inside rear-view mirror was totally useless [ '06 Coupe ], now it's back to normal. Don't think it's my eyes either :rolaugh:

Awesome mounts! Better feel, better shifting, and the throttle input "feel" is way better.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did consider a redesign and was going to try it on mine but decided not to. The new design consisted of a slip-fit design whereby a smaller ID pipe would be welded into the 2 Y-collector pipes. It would protrude enough so that the collector can slide over and bolt on. This is something that can be done at home with the right tools and materials. So if you've got the time...:D

Hello? Did you say build and design? Hello? :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21