Post your garage pic's please !!!

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Post your garage pic\'s please !!!

Building a new house and would like some idea's for inside the garage. It will be a 3 car with 2 storage lifts.

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Post your garage pic\'s please !!!

Does anyone make a roll-out checkered floor to spec ?

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My advise is bigger is better. Go as big as you can afford within reason... I chopped 5 feet off the back side when in the plans stage and I wish I did not. I ended up with 30 X 40, air-conditioned. It helps to have a daily-driver garage also for the dirty stuff.
ALSO,
As much light as you can fit. I have about 14 4-bulb t8 units and it is just perfect.
The "I" beam was a great idea. I used to borrow/rent engine hoist (what a pain in the ass). The I-beam was about $400. plus four cases of beer for the Block Guys to put it up when they were doing the walls. The two-ton trolley was $70.00. Good investment from a convenience standpoint if I have to pull a motor.
I am still researching lifts. Not sure which one to go with. Leaning towards Revolutions Lift.
4013garageviper01.jpg

OP
OP
T

twinvipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think I'm going with Revolution also.

Adam,

Link does not work.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jason,
That garage is awesome!!

I am in the begining stages of designing my garage.
I dont have as much area to play with, mine will be about 30X30 (maybe a little less).
Love the I beam set up, what is the span of it? I really dont want a post in the center of my garage if I can avoid it.
Also are the walls cinder block?
How high is the ceiling? I am thinking of going 12 ft.
I am leaning towards the revolution lift as well.
The french doors are a nice touch too...I have a pool beside the garage, those would be perfect to get to the pool.
Once again ....very nice set up.
Cheers,

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

My garage is currently being redone. I need to find a good lift, any recommendations?

jason427

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jason,
That garage is awesome!!

I dont have as much area to play with, mine will be about 30X30 (maybe a little less).
Love the I beam set up, what is the span of it? I really dont want a post in the center of my garage if I can avoid it.
The french doors are a nice touch too...I have a pool beside the garage, those would be perfect to get to the pool.
Cheers,
Thanks,
The span is 30 foot that the I beam crosses. There is a website somewhere that tells you the size I-Beam you need for a given span. If interested email me and I will see what I can do to find it. The garage is block construction. I would go 12' if I could, but since my existing house had lower roofline, I could not go higher then 10' ceiling without things looking funny.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why did you guys pick Revolution lift over the others.I am looking to purchase one also.

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jason,
That garage is awesome!!

Cheers,
Thanks,
The span is 30 foot that the I beam crosses. There is a website somewhere that tells you the size I-Beam you need for a given span. If interested email me and I will see what I can do to find it. The garage is block construction. I would go 12' if I could, but since my existing house had lower roofline, I could not go higher then 10' ceiling without things looking funny.

Jason,
Thanks for the answers to my questions...I will want that info regarding the I-beam,as I get closer to actually build time.
Cheers,

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score

While not movable after installation, if anyone is looking for garage flooring options a step higher than RaceDeck, the quartz composite tile that Griot’s sells is made/distributed by a company out of Toronto called Stone Marketing & Design Services. The web site for the Griots tile specifically is:

http://www.quarella.com/diamastone/index.htm

The product is called DiamaStone. If you click on the Products link, the actual tile is the Monochromatic line. I haven’t seen the shipping and import costs yet, but the per tile cost is significantly lower than Griots and Griots charges FULL shipping on this item from Toronto.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

4126DSC00355-med.JPG

I added a Revolution lift also. Do a search on Revolution lift. I believe Jerry Dobson is the dealer. Revolution is one of the only ones ULI certified.

Than ran a great special for these. I think 3K delivered with extended ramps & jack stands.

4126DSC00351-med.JPG

Thread

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=474064&Forum=All_Forums&Words=revolution&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=6months&Main=474064&Search=true#Post474064

And for your reading pleasure:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=422084&Forum=All_Forums&Words=4126&Match=Username&Searchpage=7&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=422070&Search=true#Post422084

Hope this helps

Andy

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jeff,

Here's my garage (complete with Racedeck flooring)! Sorry, couldn't resist!

You must be registered for see images

Roger Morgan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Some good ideas here. I am also in the beginning stage of building a garage that will be 34 wide X 50 Deep and 12 high using a 10 X 9 and 18 X 9 door(s), next to that will be a RV garage that will be 20 wide X 50 deep and 16 high with a 12 X 14 door
The 9' high doors are an idea I got from someone on this forum. These allow me to put the trailer inside the garage if I want to. Looking for any ideas on something that must be included that I may have forgotten.
I also have a Superior 4 post lift that I have had for several years.
OH Yeah , there will also be a house attached.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jerry,

You finally get an avatar pic and you use the one with Joe's Lotus in it?????? YOU POSER!!!! :confused:

Damn man, use one of the thousands of pic's of your GTS and Loretta!!! :D What were you thinking! :eek:

Plus offer these guys another deal on the lift that you did before! :2tu:

Back to the topic.....

The bigger the better! how about 3 or 4 stalls attached to the house, and just across the driveway have about 6 or 8 stalls there too! :headbang:

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TwinVipers, I use Valspar floor paint. It is a two part paint. It is about $38 a gallon. Dirt cheap. I have painted that floor three times. Yes the paint sticks to the paint below. There is paint out there that costs $150 gallon, but Valspar works just fine.

BadVenm, I am planning on changing my Avatar to a Viper and F40. Maybe I will throw in a Diablo and Gallardo just for you. There is talk of an Enzo too :) Poser?

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes it is a two part Epoxy Paint. It is not water based. I buy it at Lowe's. As with any floor paint, if you want it to stick, don't allow the builder to seal the concrete if new. If you are doing old concrete, etch it first with Muratic Acid.

Once the paint is on the floor, to re-paint, I just mop it real clean and re-paint. No etching. So far it has been three years since the first coat went down.

Some complain that there should be no reason to repaint. Let me come by and work in your shop. Welding splatter and spilled fluids and paint will mark up a floor. Re-paint is required to have a floor like mine. I mop my garage once a week or more.

MadMaxx

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Is it sad that the first thing I saw in the girl/car picture was the handprint on the door?

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MadMaxx.... Good eye. That hand print was from another girl. I will get kicked off the site if I post that picture. BadVenm... you know that picture I showed you of my girl from Sweden?

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just for you BadVenm

2860DSC01468-900-med.jpg

THAT'S MORE LIKE IT!!!!!

Unlike the Lotus, F-40's, Lambo's and Enzo's I know she is for real and actually in your garage, a lot! I've seen her there and seen some pic's of her on your GTS I know you can't post here!!!

I ain't haten' your friends rides, I just want to ride your girlfriend!

I'm haten' cuz I want to grow up and be like you! :D

And that floor of Jerry's can be eaten off of any time you walk in! (no not the girl thing you all are thinking of!)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave