Powder Coating in San Jose/Bay Area

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any recommendations? I am going to get my valve covers and intake manifold done.
Has anyone done this?
What did you pay?
Thanks!

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have them off (under warranty) so I figured I'd get them done in black..... since the red on the valve covers has been flaking off since I bought the car.
Hopefully this sticks a bit better than the factory coating. If it doesn't, black will probably look worse than red did!
PS: Poser parts is pretty parts. :)

tarfungo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry, this is not exactly a direct answer to your question, but if you can't find a good coater in the bay area you might want to try R&J Distributing. They will power coat in three or four days and they do an amazing job with great pricing - including round trip shipping to New York. Even better, they are Viper dudes to boot! Contact Ron at [email protected]

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know R&J. Bought a hood pad from them. I am still waiting on it because they had to send a new one because DHL lost the initial one!
Trying to avoid shipping of possible.

OP
OP
X

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked if they could mask off or not coat the raised lettering, and they said they could (at the 2 local shops I talked to that had someone that understood what I wanted done). I was thinking that polish and clear on the raised parts would be cool (or just polish and clean up once in a while if clear isn't a viable option).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte