power save and tender

christopher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 03 srt i have put the car in storage mode . turning key backwards and then hitting doorlock button up ,that works fine . my questions is i have hooked up battery tender to battery it shows it is charging 2 days now it should be charged i went ahead and started car to see. is it possable that car in storage mode it will not charge battery and or will i damage battery while trying to tend battery in storage mode .. thank you in advance Chris

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the tender charges at such a super slow standard,2 days of charge for a hot battery aint bad,ur charge system will not fully top off ur battery like a charger.it will go out very soon if its been on for 2 days.(the charge light on tender)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
christopher: Did your car start up when you started it? You DID disconnect the battery tender when you started the car? Just curious there.
This is your first post since 2003!!! WOW dude! You really should private message your VIN# to the moderators/administrator to UPGRADE you to VIPER OWNER...it seems it's long overdue! (Moderators are, as I'm sure you know by now tho: leslie, big-n-italian, citysnake, lee00blacksilvergts). We also have our cars on battery tenders, but not in 'storage' mode, as we'll get them out as soon as we can (NOT looking good right now at 8 degrees with snow/ice still on ground---ugh!) Where are you located? ALL my best~~~juli
BTW: Our Viper took 2 days to charge, as bluesrt said, it's a very slow charge, why it's a 'trickle-charger'.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
long time reader, 1st time poster?

whats the deal with this storage mode? never heard of it. does it just dissarm the alarm or something?

OP
OP
C

christopher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont know about the alarm but the whole car shuts off to reenter the car you need to use the key the door lock buttons wont work on remote .once you put key back in and turn to on everything comes back .its in your manual.

OP
OP
C

christopher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
tthe car did start up .the tender was disconnected. i will take advice and add VIN havent been on line long time .im located in orange county new york right at new jersey border . i guess no matter what the tender cant hurt the battery???

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
tthe car did start up .the tender was disconnected. i will take advice and add VIN havent been on line long time .im located in orange county new york right at new jersey border . i guess no matter what the tender cant hurt the battery???

I wouldn't think so, but I don't know anything about 'storage' mode either! Glad the car started up AFTER of course, DISconnecting the battery tender. COOL on adding your VIN and becoming VIPER OWNER...even BETTER??? JOIN the VCA...you'd be in OUR region...NY/CT...with the VIPER WIZARD too, HOW can one go wrong? Just call 1-800-998-1110 to join...either regular membership, or VENOM~! :2tu: ~juli
PM me if you need or want more info!

OP
OP
C

christopher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
im already a member since 2003 just havent had time to enjoy benifts of memership. this summer things are changing i get all the activities list . Where are you it says upstate im in monroe.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im already a member since 2003 just havent had time to enjoy benifts of memership. this summer things are changing i get all the activities list . Where are you it says upstate im in monroe.

Hi Christopher. I'm the one that responded to your email earlier today. I verified your VCA Membership and updated your profile. Pop into the Members Only section and say hi when you have a chance. :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OHHH, now I see all that's happened, LOL~! GLAD to have you aboard! I am in Albany, NY...not quite sure where Monroe is, you said Orange County? Border of NY/NJ? Not familiar with that area. WELCOME then!~! :headbang: ~juli

kwiksilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's why I asked him how, it wont work in the outlet by the shifter and I thought maybe that is where he tried it.:D

OP
OP
C

christopher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
what do you mean ? red to red black to black even tried putting black to metel not terminal same results.

OP
OP
C

christopher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
its about 1 hr 15 minutes south albany exit 116 on thruway. i guess you saw pics understand now.lolo

OP
OP
C

christopher

Viper Owner
Reaction score
love to still trying to navigate site trying to figure out how to load pic under my name ?? where is the members only page ??

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
love to still trying to navigate site trying to figure out how to load pic under my name ?? where is the members only page ??

You can upload your avatar under USER CP in the headings up above. Go to edit avatar, upload whatever VIPER picture you wish to use, and there ya go! ~juli

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang