Power Steering Problem

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever since I installed the new radiator,my P.S whines when the car heats up.I changed to a larger cooler but it still makes noise.I even flushed the old fluid and replaced with synthetic.Are these pumps prone to breakage?

Joe

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me guess, you have a Fluidyne radiator or another of similar thickness? I had what I thought was exactly the same problem.
Do this simple check: does the PS steering make more sound when you're turning left instead of right, or vice versa? Does it only make sound when your fan is running? If so, it has nothing to do with your PS -- your fan blades are hitting the bottom of your airbox, but only just barely and only when the frame twists ever so slightly.
Assuming this is your problem, you have two basic solutions I'm aware of: 1) modify airbox to avoid hitting fan; (2) swap fans for the Valaya Racing fan kit. We actually installed this kit this very evening, and it kicks a** -- watched the twin fans bring my coolant temp from 215 to 195 in 25 seconds with the car idling. I'll post pictures shortly, but in the meantime you can call Valaya (408.448.8811) if you want details.

OP
OP
D

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Ben,All this started after my Fluidyne install.Ill inspect the fan closer to see if its hitting.I cannot hear anything but the motor may be too loud.

Joe

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas