Power window auto down feature not working

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 03 vert driver's door isnt lowering enough to clear the seal when closing with the top up. I had the regulator replaced and they said the track was good. Im sure it is a programming issue but the hold down then hold up and repeat x 3 sequence doesnt work. With the door open I can roll it all the way up and it only drops about 1/8". The passenger side works fine and lowers about 1/4". Does anyone know the trick to this? Again, new regulator, track is good including the teflon piece, seals arent torn, and nothing is in a bind. Should I try unhooking the battery? Anything else?

Oh, we did have it working one time but they(dealership) did something else instead of leaving it alone and now we cant get it back right.

Thanks,

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I apologize that I forgot I already had a thread about this. Regardless, I still need help with it if anybody has any ideas. I tried the search function but didn't find anything specific. Everything else was about the regulator failures, which I already had replaced.

Thanks,

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea man if you figure it out PLEASEEEE let me know! I have this same problem but with both doors. Windows roll up and down fine but they do not clear and have scratched off paint because they hit the top door jam (2006 coupe)
I tried the roll up and down 3 times and that doesn't work.

TRACKDAY

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have the same exact issue with my driver side window. I tried the steps to reset the "auto lowering / raising" feature to no avail.

The dealer wanted $700 for parts / labor :omg: ......I politely declined.

For the time being, I've decided to live with it. I simply do not raise the window all the way up. It's approximately 1/4 inch below the fully up position, but still has a good seal with the window trim.

I also make sure the window has plenty of clearance from striking the roof trim when opening and closing the door.

Hope this helped.

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You get this working yet? I am going to try to reset it once more with the roll up/roll down trick and see if that works but my confidence level is not high :(

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried several times to "program" it and it actually seemed to have gotten worse where it doesnt drop at all now when the door is opened.

Here is what I have done and noticed:
1. Get in shut door and turn key on.
2. Starting with the window up I roll it all the way down and hold the button for five seconds.
3. I push the button forward but there is a delay for about 5 seconds before it responds (why?)
4. Roll window up and hold anouther 5.
5. Repeat 3x.
6. Open door and cuss.

I have noticed if you start with the window up and hold it for a few seconds and lower it by just hitting the switch down briefly it will roll down about a 1/4 to 1/2" but will not roll back up immedialtely. Its like it is waiting to be told this where it needs to be. Im wondering if we are doing the correct procedure. I will call Salsbury Dodge in Baton Rouge tomorrow. They have 3 certified Viper techs in the shop. Maybe one of them can help us. I will post up a report if we get anywhere.

And before its mentioned, its not the switch or the regulator/cable/track issue. All of that is brand new from dealer.

Im also wondering if a battery disconnect would resolve it. But I hear horror stories from battery issues so im afraid to try. Any opinions?

Morketh

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn man, I am a little upset none of that is working for you! I haven't had time to try to program the window again but hopefully it will work though doesnt sound like it will :(

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
would like that roll up and down feature on my Gen II, Is it a separate electrical box with sensors that could be added to an existing regulator?

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See my post in my other thread about the battery disconnect for this evening's update. But I can save you the time...no fix yet...

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chances are you guys will need to replace the window switch in order to get it to work. I was having to constantly re-set auto up and down feature on wife's car. Eventually the switch crapped out. Once new switch was installed, auto up/down feature worked flawlessly.

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For clarification I am referring to the slight drop the window is supposed to do when you open the doors. Not the auto down feature where you press the button to the second detent and the window lowers without holding the button. That works fine. Our problem is the window doesnt drop enough to clear the seals when we open the door.

Just in case there was confusion about the wording for "auto down".

OP
OP
C

cdover73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But that does tell me whatever we are doing,, right or wrong, it is responding. We just have to figure out the "RIGHT" part...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets