Power windows lighted switch kit for GEN2

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is very easy to do. I just did a 2nd gen of the 2nd gen dash retrofit into my car and i had to change the switches from the 96-97 version to the 98+ version. I had the switches apart and it'd be very easy to change to color of that LED. I had to take the swithces apart to figure out the wiring and saw the LED. replacement switches are only about $22 each so if you break one it not a big deal to replace it.

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is very easy to do. I just did a 2nd gen of the 2nd gen dash retrofit into my car and i had to change the switches from the 96-97 version to the 98+ version. I had the switches apart and it'd be very easy to change to color of that LED. I had to take the swithces apart to figure out the wiring and saw the LED. replacement switches are only about $22 each so if you break one it not a big deal to replace it.

I have a 2000 so I already have the led's in mine. Changing the led isn't that big of a deal, his kit that he is wanting to offer is to make the leds actually work. That is what I'm trying to find out is how to wire up the switches to make the leds work :)

Jance GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he got a lot of positive responses. It would be nice to hear something from him or at least show us how to do it our self. I was really hoping to get this done.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here is a how to... pull the radio bezel, use a screwdriver to remove the switches. find the pins that the switch uses and put a switched hot wire in to the number 6 spot, and a ground to the number 7 spot. the numbers are labeled on the inside of the actual switch usually covered by the plug. or.. since the plug is from the passenger window switch of a 99ish model caravan, get 2 pigtails and splice your wires in then add the 6&7 wires